PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Here's the story:
A friend of mine sent me most of a tin of NPU, saying it's the worst thing he's ever smoked, and wanted to see what I thought. I decided to have some fun with him, and wrote a very praiseful review extrolling great virtue on the blend, and PM'd it to him. This drove him crazy and he doubted my sanity. He started talking on that forum about my reaction, and giving me quite a bit of jazz about it, which I knew he would do. When he did that, I posted the real review at TR, so when readers saw what he was saying what I told him, they could see what I really thought. That's when he realized what I did to him. :ROFLMAO:

So, I told Jesse what I did, and he said if it's that bad, then he had to try it. I said, "Friends don't send friends Holly' Non Plus Ultra." But, Jesse insisted, so I said, "Don't say I didn't warn you."

Some days later, after Jesse tried it, he called me up and said, "Well, I smoked of a bowl of it" "What did you think about it?" Jesse responded "I thought we were friends!!" ? :ROFLMAO:
Yeah I don't know what it is. But something about him stimulates ones sense of sadism. Can't quite put my finger on what it is though.

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
Here's the story:
A friend of mine sent me most of a tin of NPU, saying it's the worst thing he's ever smoked, and wanted to see what I thought. I decided to have some fun with him, and wrote a very praiseful review extrolling great virtue on the blend, and PM'd it to him. This drove him crazy and he doubted my sanity. He started talking on that forum about my reaction, and giving me quite a bit of jazz about it, which I knew he would do. When he did that, I posted the real review at TR, so when readers saw what he was saying what I told him, they could see what I really thought. That's when he realized what I did to him. :ROFLMAO:

So, I told Jesse what I did, and he said if it's that bad, then he had to try it. I said, "Friends don't send friends Holly' Non Plus Ultra." But, Jesse insisted, so I said, "Don't say I didn't warn you."

Some days later, after Jesse tried it, he called me up and said, "Well, I smoked of a bowl of it" "What did you think about it?" Jesse responded "I thought we were friends!!" ? :ROFLMAO:
THIS ☝️ is how you bust on a buddy…good ole fashioned ribbin’. Thanks Jim. ?☕

Gooseman

Lurker
Jan 20, 2022
TX
The reviews were so bad on this blend i just had to try it. What i found was quality Virginias drowned in some kinda blueberry crap. Was a nice experiment and even shipped the tin around in a box pass to torture everyone involved. Makes you wonder if they created this blend as a joke. I mean come on... How does one hear Hollys non-plus ultra and think its gotta be good!

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
That is a very good point....what is with the name, Holly's non-plus ultra?

It may be related to a feminine hygiene product...with wings!

Just doesn't sound inviting and warm like cringle flake, ect. Sounds like the FDA may be on to something and will force the name on to every new tobacco product out there...

Then everyone will be so averse to the the name that they wouldn't smoke anything at all!

• Haha
Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Pipewizard420

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 28, 2020
I've always wanted to try this blend (and Clan as well) since I tend to like most of the strange and unusual blends that many seem to hate with a passion lol. If anyone has some and would wish to unload it I have many other hard to get blends and would be willing to trade to try this crazy sounding tobacco.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThermionicScott
Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
I've always wanted to try this blend (and Clan as well) since I tend to like most of the strange and unusual blends that many seem to hate with a passion lol. If anyone has some and would wish to unload it I have many other hard to get blends and would be willing to trade to try this crazy sounding tobacco.

Flagg-Sam+Wants+YouPipes.jpg