PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured interview on tonight's Pipes Magazine Radio Show is with Dave Peterson. Dave is Brian’s partner organizing the Las Vegas International Pipe Show. Influenced by his childhood friend’s father, he always wanted to be a heavy equipment operator, and that is what he became and worked at his entire life. He started smoking a pipe at 14-years old. This time influenced by Hugh Hefner. He even started with Mixture 79, but he’s come a long way since then. Dave is also one of the first members of the Pipes Magazine Forums, having joined in May 2009 when the site was only a few months old, and he is still an active participant. His forum handle is “daveinlax”, and no, he does not live in the Los Angeles airport. We are skipping our opening segment for an extended chat with Dave.

The show airs every Tuesday at 8:00pm eastern US time, and can be found at PipesMagazine.com and all podcast apps.

Brian-Levine-and-Dave-Peterson.jpg

Brian Levine and Dave Peterson during set-up at the 2023 Las Vegas Pipe Show

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Dave is an OK guy.

His insane Cheez-It eating, pipe gnawing sidekick he takes everywhere is also entertaining.

Screen Shot 2023-10-24 at 3.55.15 PM.png

Reactions: andysc83

jbfrady

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2023
South Carolina
I was happy to hear the origin stories of the event's unsung hero. On several occasions at the show I found myself floored by his genuine excitement to get people involved and make them feel welcome. That's the kind of excitement that can't be faked and it shows; You can only put on an event likethat if you love what you do.

Reactions: Mrs. Pickles

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
I didn’t make it to the Las Vegas show but judging from the pictures and the smiling faces it was a good one. Congrats to Brian and Dave.

Dave was a great guest who seems to have that humility that real do-ers share. I really enjoyed hearing him talk about the show.

Excellent music. Alison Krauss has the voice of an angel and is a great fiddle player to boot.

Renfield

Reactions: jbfrady
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
A big thank you is in order for Brian and Dave for putting on the Las Vegas International Pipe Show. We appreciate all the time and work you both put into it. The 2023 show seemed to have a theme of camaraderie. This show felt more about the people, seeing old friends and getting to make new friends. Some times you don’t know how much you need that until it happens. I had a great time at the show and can’t wait for next year’s!

Reactions: jbfrady