PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

John_B

Might Stick Around
May 11, 2023
This is an unusual VaPer in modern terms as it isn't as full on with the Perique as most recently made blends. It is made on the Goldilocks principle. Not too much and not too little. According to Dan Tobacco, it contains 5% of the Louisiana leaf and that seems to me to be "just right." The tin note is mainly bready yeasty Virginias with stone fruit and raisins and a noticeable dark chocolate and it is very moreish. It is at a near perfect humidity and the well cut flakes are a little stuck together. I rubbed mine out and allowed some drying time as is my wont. It lights reasonably easily and needs a few relights along the way. It burns well and leaves light grey ash. In my Falcon it was almost entirely consumed. The flavour is on the bready side of the spectrum with stone fruits and raisin notes. Some citrus is also present together with a mild floral accent which develops a little as things progress. It has a creamy mouth feel and zero tendency to bite. Room note is very pleasant and the aroma can be detected in the side stream, which I like. I could smoke this exclusively and be happy, and that's saying something. My first impression of this tobacco is that I get it straight away. It is one of the very few that I liked immediately and when a blend is this good fresh, it should be awesome with some age on it. I'm glad I got 5 tins.

Last edited:

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
This is an unusual VaPer in modern terms as it isn't as full on with the Perique as most recently made blends. It is made on the Goldilocks principle. Not too much and not too little. According to Dan Tobacco, it contains 5% of the Louisiana leaf and that seems to me to be "just right." The tin note is mainly bready yeasty Virginias with stone fruit and raisins and a noticeable dark chocolate and it is very moreish. It is at a near perfect humidity and the well cut flakes are a little stuck together. I rubbed mine out and allowed some drying time as is my wont. It lights reasonably easily and needs a few relights along the way. It burns well and leaves light grey ash. In my Falcon it was almost entirely consumed. The flavour is on the bready side of the spectrum with stone fruits and raisin notes. Some citrus is also present together with a mild floral accent which develops a little as things progress. It has a creamy mouth feel and zero tendency to bite. Room note is very pleasant and the aroma can be detected in the side stream, which I like. I could smoke this exclusively and be happy, and that's saying something. My first impression of this tobacco is that I get it straight away. It is one of the very few that I liked immediately and when a blend is this good fresh, it should be awesome with some age on it. I'm glad I got 5 tins.

Sounds interesting.