PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
I only smoked a bowl of this so far, so not providing a review, just a comment or two.

Pouch note was obvious latakia smokiness but also a creaminess, like 'cream of latakia'.

What I found VERY enjoyable, and something new for me was accidentally discovering that by smoking mostly with that breath smoking technique I got nasally all that creamy virginia, and then by taking the occasional puff "normally" I got the latakia.

I stopped smoking much latakia a few years ago, and only started using the breath smoking technique maybe a couple of years ago so these two things had not really had a chance to overlap before.
Also every other latakia based blend I smoke is a complexity of leaf with orientals, burleys, virginias, cavendish etc etc so this Lancer Slices gave me a simple two ingredient smoke which I was able to more or less separate between mouth and nose. I look forward to replicating this with other blends since I find Latakia overbearing in many settings so to know I can eliminate or at least lessen its presence via technique is excellent.

Oh, and its a nice smoke by the way. I rubbed out a flake and smoked it without needing dry time.

Isaac.

Status
Not open for further replies.