PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The Forever stem outfit changed management about five years ago, but I think they have maintained quality and service. I bought four stems from the original outfit and have been pleased. At that time, you could order any stem shorted to specifications, and I have one orange swirl stem that looks great on a cob. Now MM offers special edition pipes with acrylic stems, and I have enjoyed four of these at still reasonable prices, about $26.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
If I recall correctly, Vermont Freehand has these stems available -I have a few, they are nice!
Yes. That’s correct. I do feel they’re way over priced at $18. Add shipping and you're at $25 for one stem.

Further, you will likely have to do some surgery to get these to fit.

I loved the “idea” of these, but for what it’s worth, I’ve completely changed my mind with regard to them.

I order spares of the Regular Black MM Stems. I’ve grown to appreciate the way they look and feel and at .64 cents, I chew away with reckless abandon.

burleybreath

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
They only fit new cobs. Cobs that have been smoked apparently have different measurements. I think the wood swells or something. And be sure to get the proper stem for the pipe: filtered vs: unfiltered. I think they're worth the money, says I the expert , who only has one to date--possibly because I also possess several of the greatest pipes in the world ever made for all time: the Charles Town Cobbler, or whatever the hell it's called. They already come with premium bits. No affiliation w/either company, blah, blah, etc.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Vermont Freehand has them now as mentioned above.

I bought two when walker still had them, and they fit great. Anyone who thinks $18 is too much for an acrylic stem, has never tried to make a stem.

that being said I can certainly see the appeal of buying 30 MM stems for the same price and abusing the hell out of them. I have adopted both strategies and got exactly what I wanted out of either.