PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2020
I’m sure China will carry the market enough for popular blends and because of that will still be available in Europe.

Reactions: BROBS

Kingdom Dokha

Lurker
Jan 15, 2020
What blows my mind about this is not only will it destroy a lot of pipe tobaccos and obliterate vaping, It will also destroy the entire hookah/shisha industry in the US. There's going to be a lot of collateral damage. I own a shisha lounge and dokha company and this terrifies me. This is a big reason we won't flavor our dokha blends. Better safe than sorry. I honestly don't think it will pass though.

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
I wonder if the action on this bill will get revived given the change in Senate and Executive control.

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
I read and reread these posts now because I've returned to pipe smoking and want to have lots of choices in tobacco. I'm amazed, almost stunned at the regulations and pending regulations (in the US and globally). I want to revert to my childhood and shout, "No fair!" at high taxation.

Almost 40 years I've drifted along unaware of tobacco laws since they didn't affect me directly (except for the occasional stinky restaurant experience with a smoker nearby--but that was rare and most places for a while seemed to have smoking "areas").

I feel like I've been asleep like Rip Van Winkle! Wow! I'm astounded. Thanks for the updates and remarks.

My opinion on ignorance and stupidity is both are uninformed and the second adds purpose (staying dumb on purpose, stubbornly and/or willfully)-- what am I missing on nuance and meaning here? I ask because I'm feeling like I've been stupid for several decades (course the older I get I feel that way more frequently LOL).

thnx for a great thread,
mike

Status
Not open for further replies.