PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianbiggame

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 24, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
On my trip to Ontario to visit family my father gave me 5 pipes (pictures below) I dont know anything about these pipes other than he does not smoke them any more and gave them to me to enjoy. I tried to take pictures good enough for you guys to read the stamping on the side/bottoms. Any information on these pipes would be great.

Thanks Guys

CBG

I really Like this pipe but the stem is in really bad shape any ideas on how to fix this or where to get a new stem

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
There's no fixing that stem, send it to Mike Myers @ Walker Briar Works pipe repair to get a new stem, they run about $30-40 after the shipping is taken into account. http://www.walkerpiperepair.com/ I am sending him my Pete P-Lip right now to become a fishtail, he does very professional, excellent work and responds to emails the same day.

canadianbiggame

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 24, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
There's no fixing that stem, send it to Walker Briar Works pipe repair to get a new stem, they run about $40 after the shipping is taken into account. http://www.walkerpiperepair.com/ I am sending him my Pete P-Lip right now to become a fishtail, he does very professional, excellent work and responds to emails the same day.
Thanks Eric i'll check out that link.
Cheers

CBG

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Looks like you got some nice ones! That Medico is the most unusual Medico I have seen! Even though it is considered a cheap drug store pipe I would send it out for a new stem. There are several good pipe repairmen out there,Walkers,Tim West,Norwoods--Google pipe repair.
Edit-that stem CAN be repaired,although most pipe repairmen out there will probably not want to mess with it. A little super glue and activated charcoal will make it useable again.

canadianbiggame

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 24, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
Your very welcome! :) I'm loving that full bent pipe you got.
Its really hard to read but I think the stamp says "cityclub imported briar italy"
A little super glue and activated charcoal will make it useable again.
I was thinking something like that with a rubber on the end and I won't really notice it.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
That first one is REALLY nice! I love the carving patterns on that bowl. That one is going to look really nice when its all cleaned up!

pchitti

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
Very cool, I got in touch with my dad a couple of weeks ago to ask about some of his old pipes. I just love the thought of smoking my dads old pipes. The thought is a lot nicer than some random used pipes off of ebay.
Sadly though they are in storage, and he isnt sure when he will be able to grab them. At least I know sooner or later they will be coming my way.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
A little super glue and activated charcoal will make it useable again.
I was thinking something like that with a rubber on the end and I won't really notice it.
If done correctly you won't need a rubber to hide the repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.