PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2018
Just getting back into pipes from Cigars. Cool site!

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Welcome, maker.
Lots of cigar expats here, it seems, as well as dual users.
Hope you're getting some decent weather up there. I just saw that my sister had a high of 35 in Baltimore yesterday.
It's 70 in central Texas today, but we will pay for our sins in August...
jay-roger.jpg

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I'm from Chicago, Roseland, Morgan Park and deadcinter at the confluence of Diversey/Racine/Lincoln. You?
Welcome!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard! I grew up in Chicagoland, near north suburb of Park Ridge, and did my first two years of college at U of I Navy Pier, then Westside campus/Congress Circle, as it was then called. Maybe check out the "Chicago" pipe show, which is actually at Pheasant Run and draws quite a few Forums members both as attendees and as exhibitors. Growing up, there was actually an excellent pipe shop in Park Ridge uniquely named The Park Ridge Pipe Shop. Now Iwan Ries on Wabash is the singular hub. Lots of good info on Forums; I think you'll find it useful.

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Welcome, Maker. I, too, am a Chicagoan, West Ridge. I'm also a long time member of the Chicagoland Pipe Collectors Club. One way to acquire first hand help getting into pipes is to join a club. Sitting around with a bunch of folk, both young and more senior pipemen, swapping stories and sharing a bowl or two is a convivial and informative way to spend a few hours. Lucky for you, there's a meeting of our club today, Saturday, March 24th.

Here's a link to the club's Facebook page with info on the meeting: https://www.facebook.com/events/1975094656041921/

I hope to see you there. And again, welcome to the Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.