PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BingBong

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2024
London UK
I've had Skiff, Cabbies, St James, Germain Special Latakia and Orlick Golden Sliced this morning. No more for a couple of hours, methinks.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Title edited for caps. See Rule 9.

I've only been smoking a pipe for a short while, but I'm loving it. I'm finding I'm getting through anything upto 10 bowls a day. Is this excessive? Also I'm loving the American Blends, particularly American Delit. Not ventured into aromatics, still very green to this pass time.
The most I’ve ever had was probably six pipes in a day and that was at a pipe show. Typically I have one bowl Mon-Fri and then Sat-Sun I’ll have three bowls each day.

hoipolloiglasgow

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2023
United States
that's about it.
To the Original post. I find that a bit excessive however I use smokeless too. I find that I enjoy the pipes more if it's something I don't over do. If your only tobacco though is a pipe that's actually a pretty moderate amount of smokes.
I too find it a bit excessive, personally. Just remember to slow down and you will enjoy more, no matter how many you smoke. I find that if I smoke more than 3 or 4, I don't enjoy it as much as my pallete gets overwhelmed and the nicotine isnt as enjoyable. It isn't as much to look forward to if overdone. I'm a once in the morning and once in the evening kinda guy and may smoke 3 on the weekends. Even then, every other week I take a few days off and let my pallete reset and lesions heal, then it's even more enjoyable by my next bowls and healthier.

Last edited:

BingBong

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2024
London UK
I too find it a bit excessive, personally. Just remember to slow down and you will enjoy more, no matter how many you smoke. I find that if I smoke more than 3 or 4, I don't enjoy it as much as my pallete gets overwhelmed and the nicotine isnt as enjoyable. It isn't as much to look forward to if overdone. I'm a once in the morning and once in the evening kinda guy and may smoke 3 on the weekends. Even then, every other week I take a few days off and let my pallete reset and lesions heal, then it's even more enjoyable by my next bowls and healthier.
I've had way too many for my palate today. Several were curiosity driven, "what's this like in that pipe", looking for pairings. Too enthusiastic. Rest required.

Reactions: Sigmund

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
North Central Florida
In the beginning, I fought tounge bite ferociously. I had been retired for about a year before I picked up a cob at the drugstore. I experimented with some of the drugstore tobacco including Captain Black White, and some Blender's Gold offerings, but it wasn't until I found this forum that I realized I needed to buy some tobaccos from online sources.
After 10 yrs of practice, I've slowed down my intake some, and become more at ease with the whole process. I am not as nicotine dependent as I was in the beginning. I am tasting flavors as never before and I'm a happy pipe smoker. Maybe 8 bowls? I don't bother to count. I don't have one all the time anymore.
When I get in a few new to me blends, I have to try them all within the first day. I'm like that with my groceries too. ha ha.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
same here. Though no lesions even when I drink and smoke half a tin (slight exaggeration).