PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

proteus

Lifer
May 20, 2023
Connecticut (shade leaf tobacco country)
Take a wide mason jar and put tobacco inside. Use a very wrung out wet paper towel and place over the jar opening. Using only the ring and not the cap part screw the ring over the paper towel. When the paper towel is dry repeat until the tobacco is better. I use a cheap wood moisture meter to test. So long as you use the same meter in the same manner you can create a baseline reference to see how the moisture improves. I have increased moisture levels by a relative 10 percent using this method.

proteus

Lifer
May 20, 2023
Connecticut (shade leaf tobacco country)
One other note. If your tobacco is very dry and I doubt it is - truly dried out tobacco is rare - take a steamer like the kind you hold by hand to get wrinkles out of drapes or shirts and mist the tobacco and then seal it up. Tobacco will absorb it well enough.

Green Hill piper

Can't Leave
Feb 1, 2023
Put a slice of apple in it hydrated without over moisture. The apple is a natural humidity pack only letting out enough moisture and then absorbing the rest. Old trick.

Reactions: dublinpiper90

Lucashly

Can't Leave
Jun 21, 2023
California
I put my tobacco in a food storage container. I make a digit in the center, put in a 1oz container of distilled water uncovered. I put the cover on the container on a seed starter warming mat. I leave the mat on for short periods, one I see a little humidity inside. I check on the blend daily until it gets to my liking. Hope this helps.
This. Distilled water does not remove the oils.

Reactions: JOHN72 and John C.