PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Migwar

Lurker
Jan 12, 2024
Hello everyone,

I've aquired a pipe. The stem contains a filter that seems to be permanently attached. Although I have already cleaned the pipe (salt-alcohol deep cleaning), I am uncertain whether or not I can remove the filter (the white piece in the picture) without the application of force. Additionally, the narrow mouth of the pipe makes it impossible for a pipe cleaner to fit through. In such a situation, I am inquiring about the recommended daily cleaning procedure. Your advice is greatly appreciated.

IMG_9771.jpeg
IMG_9770.jpeg
IMG_9769.jpeg
Thank you,
Migwar

Migwar

Lurker
Jan 12, 2024
I will wait a bit more. The material of that filter is strange, it is very solid, I am afraid the pliers could brake the stem now.

Migwar

Lurker
Jan 12, 2024
After 24 hours the piece is still very solid. The brand is as per the picture below.

Thank you.

IMG_9917.jpeg

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Try one drop of oil around the filter. The first picture looks like a paper filter; the second like a meerschaum filter wrapped in paper. The condensation seems to have swelled it and glued it to the sides. See if you can pass a pipe cleaner through the front to the back of the filter. If you can then it may be an screw in insert rather than a filter in which case you need to clean it and leave it there. Never heard of that brand of pipe. When my vauen filters get stuck in the savinelli I have a screw I use to screw through the end and yank it out after an application of soapy warm water. just 2 cents. Good luck and let us know what finally works. Thanks.