Status
Not open for further replies.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Bob said
Aging tobacco is a wonderful thing!

My only regret is that I didn't stumble on your article earlier. If I had, I would have benefitted greatly from your advice:

you can either jar and store a whole quart of tobacco or get the smaller 2oz jars and store your own tin size containers. That way when you want to smoke a particular blend, you won’t have to open up 8oz of it. So make different sizes of tobacco to enjoy at later dates.
As it is, the aging process in my 8oz jar essentially stopped the moment I opened it. Had I used many smaller jars I would have been able to sample it at various stages in the future. Ah well, live and learn! I think I'll go cry over another bowl of 5100.

... tears of joy, that is. (PS. thanks Bob.)

peter

Might Stick Around
Oct 8, 2009
2 year old MacBarren Navy Flake in a cob. Bit more kick than I'd like, but its delicious.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Breakfast was Prince Albert w/Perique. After shoveling 4 in. of snow I was back in my stash of 5100 Virginia Red Cake. After lunch it was H&H's LJ Heart Burley.
Python, have you cracked that bloated tin of Repose?

:) You may want to have paramedics standing by when you pull the ring! :)

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
It's 71 degrees here in Southern Ca. I am smoking one of my favorite Latakia blends, Peter Stokkebye's Proper English

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Cortezattic Said: (PS. thanks Bob.)
No problem! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Cortezattic Said: Python, have you cracked that bloated tin of Repose?
No, not yet. It still might be awhile before I do. But I'll be sure to have some first aid standing by, lol.
Yesterday was some H&H Virginia Spice and last night was some Captain Black Gold.

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
Smoked Some C&D Bow Legged Bear this morning, and P.S. Bullseye Flake the rest of the day. Will smoke Count Pulaski tonight with some good Polish porter.

circuitjerker

Lurker
Dec 29, 2009
Frog Morton ATP in my new/used Alpha Executive sitter while exploring the "Bob" method .. Great smoke , lots of enjoyment outta this one . Really made a difference!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Capitol Stairs by Russ Oulette of H&H. Nutty Burley, sweet Va., Perique and deertongue. Really delightful holiday fare, but these days the spiciness of the deertongue grows increasingly tedious. I'll shelve the remainder of the jar, hoping that it will not have faded by next Christmas. It may, in fact, improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.