PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
I haven't seen their pipes, but I have one of their 5-pipe stands. The stand is way better quality than I expected for what I think was $35 (when other stands that hold the same number of pipes were like $100 and they didn't even have the rubber bowl rest padding, just straight up wood).

Reactions: Streeper541

Roach1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 25, 2023
Germany
I have bought one just to support a Ukraine business in these troubled times, it is a excellent freehand that I use a lot, they are great value for a quality pipe, I had to pay import duty here in the UK but still worth it.
Do you have briar or pear? I think the freehand would be briar. He seems to make both.

Reactions: tobakenist
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
I bought one of their stands a couple years ago that has a shallow well where my Old Boy lighter rests; it’s in constant use. I’ve yet to try one of their pipes. I was not impressed with any of the figural carvings I’ve seen thus far; for traditional shapes, there are more historical marques I would turn to first.

Reactions: Streeper541

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
I've purchased several of their pipe racks. Very well made. Affordable and packaged nicely for shipping. Easy to assemble.

I haven't purchased anything else from them.

Reactions: kcghost

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
All pipedia has to say on the subject of KAF Pipes is "The KAF pipe workshop was established in 1994 in Kharkov, Ukraine. The first series of pipes was released in 1996. The workshop specializes in serial production of pipes from briar and pear, as well as pipe stands, tampers and cigarette holders. These pipes are made for 9mm filters with vulcanite mouthpieces, and the briar is advertised as top grade." No mention of the actual business or any contact info.

tobakenist

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Middle England
All pipedia has to say on the subject of KAF Pipes is "The KAF pipe workshop was established in 1994 in Kharkov, Ukraine. The first series of pipes was released in 1996. The workshop specializes in serial production of pipes from briar and pear, as well as pipe stands, tampers and cigarette holders. These pipes are made for 9mm filters with vulcanite mouthpieces, and the briar is advertised as top grade." No mention of the actual business or any contact info.
Mine is not made for 9mm filters.

Reactions: kcghost

barakuda

Lurker
Apr 23, 2024
GREER,SC
392178263.jpg

LOOKS GREAT, BUT 400$