Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured interview on tonight's Pipes Magazine Radio Show is with Les Young. Les has been a fixture at pipe shows for many years. He is the 2023 U.S. Slow Smoking Champion, and goes by @lestrout on the PipesMagazine forums. Hailing from the Philadelphia area, he worked for Dupont for 40 years and is now retired. He started smoking a pipe while attending MIT in Boston in 1961 – the good ol’ days when you could smoke in the classroom. At the top of the show we will have a Pipes 101 Revisited segment with a discussion of the draft hole.

The show airs every Tuesday at 8:00pm eastern US time, and can be found at PipesMagazine.com and all podcast apps.

Les-Young-Erik-Stokkebye.jpg

Les Young (L), Erik Stokkebye (Center) – Photo by Dan Z. Johnson @woodsroad

Andre_T

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 17, 2018
Long Island, New York
Great interview of @lestrout. We at the UPCA are looking forward to seeing how he does at the World Cup of Pipe Smoking in Bucharest. Just a head's up to Brian, My birthday is October 26 (same as @pipestud. I look forward to my birthday greetings... On a different note. While I agree with your views on the flag. About the US Flag Code... Although this is a U.S. federal law,[1] the code is not mandatory: it uses non-binding language like "should" and "custom" throughout and does not prescribe any penalties for failure to follow the guidelines. It was "not intended to proscribe conduct" and was written to "codify various existing rules and customs." Just my nitpick on that matter.