PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

isteen

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2010
Denmark
It's no secret that I have been whining and complaining over the fact, that Mac Baren in their wisdom have chosen not to sell their Honey & Chocolate blend on the danish market. It fact the blend is only available in 2-3 markets worldwide.
My new best friend willie g finally got tired of my complaints, and sent me a goodiebag - with a couple of different tobaccos that isn't available on the danish market....one of them being the H&C from MB.
First impression when I opened the tin, was a very strong scent of chocolate (surprise ).
It actually smelled so delicious I felt like eating it...
Well, down the bowl and zippo up!
It burns smoothly in the bowl, and the taste is a relaxed smooth feel, with a small hint of chocolate. Not at all as sweet as you might expect or fear.
I don't know if there are much difference in the tobaccos sold in Denmark compared to the rest of the world, but the Honey & Chocolate is not really like anything I have tried before.
I guess I can smoke the stuff all day, and still don't get any tongue bite.
Thanks to my man willie g

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
Steen, I saw that blend in a tobacco store, I may have to go buy it. Thank you for the recommendation.

isteen

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2010
Denmark
Let me put it this way - it smells a lot better than it tastes.

And now...to something completely different!

The latest discovery was, that I actually like som latakia....

I got some Vintage Syrian from Mac Baren.

I think it might be a good idea to smoke it outside, but I was suprised how much I liked it.

I opened the tin, and the first thing that came to mind was...this stuff smells like fish food!

Well, I lit up and was very pleasently surprised.

It's a pretty oldschool experience, but I would recommend everyone to try it out.
A smoky taste, but smooth and really good taste of real tobocco - no artificial ingredients.

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
That is what is so surprising about pipe tobacco. The difference in the way it smells, and the way it tastes.

sinistertopiary

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 5, 2009
Toronto
Hi Steen. I'm glad you finally got a tin of the Honey & Chocolate. It's a real quality aro -- I knew you'd like it.
I've had it only twice, at the two meetings of our local pipe club. It's one of the blends I look forward to smoking at our meetings. I just might have to get my own tin.

isteen

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2010
Denmark
I've had it only twice, at the two meetings of our local pipe club
Thank God for local pipe clubs.

I've just joined my local club, so it'll be fun to see what's going on there

isteen

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2010
Denmark
That is what is so surprising about pipe tobacco. The difference in the way it smells, and the way it tastes
If you haven't tried the Vintage Syrian, you owe it to yourself to try it out.

I'm sure your wife won't think it's your best choice, since the latakia has that special aroma, but it's a delight to smoke.

I never thought I'd say that, but I have never been more wrong in my life....well, at least when it comes to tobacco ;-)

I think I could smoke it all day long, and still not get that nasty tongue bite.

isteen

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2010
Denmark
And if you like syrian latakia, I cannot recommend McClelland's Three Oaks Syrian too highly. It's a transcendent blend.
I'll have to see where I can order it, I don't think it's available in Denmark

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
Steen, if you have access to Samuel Gawith, you may want to try commonwealth, which has 50% Latakia. It is smoky goodness.

isteen

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2010
Denmark
Steen, if you have access to Samuel Gawith, you may want to try commonwealth, which has 50% Latakia. It is smoky goodness.
Hi Mick.

I'll try to dig around for it. Try out the HH Vintage Syrian, I really like that stuff ;-)

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
Thanks Steen, you are second person who recommended Vintage Syrian. When I have the chance I will grab some, and let you know what I think.

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
Steen I bought the Honey and Chocolate and you are right. Very tasty, and no tongue burn.

peter

Might Stick Around
Oct 8, 2009
Will have to try this. Think I have just about everything else that MacB makes. hehe

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
My second day with the H&C and I really like. My wife doesn't hate the room note: Always a plus.

isteen

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2010
Denmark
My second day with the H&C and I really like. My wife doesn't hate the room note: Always a plus.
My wife hate the room note of everything I smoke....I don't mind ;-)

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
This is one the only aromatic my wife doesn't hate. She tolerates Va/Pers of all things.

Status
Not open for further replies.