PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

CrabbyPiper77

Lurker
Mar 24, 2024
Illinois
Yeah I really like the Northwoods. I’m gonna get some more blends every payday. Luckily I’m only minutes away from the shop so I don’t have to pay shipping and I can smell the blends before I get them.
I am jealous! Then again, I’d be very poor if I lived that close to Boswell’s. LOL!

• Love
Reactions: Medy

Medy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2024
Chambersburg PA
Don’t know if anyone else has experienced this. It seems like my sinuses are not bothering me as much anymore and I’m not at stuffed up as I am normally. Since I have started smoking a pipe. Anyone else experiencing this?

teflonhunter

Lurker
Mar 24, 2024
South Louisiana
Don’t know if anyone else has experienced this. It seems like my sinuses are not bothering me as much anymore and I’m not at stuffed up as I am normally. Since I have started smoking a pipe. Anyone else experiencing this?
I'm a newbie. Been smoking a little over a month now and my sinuses are still bad. Had problems since I was young though and with all the pollen in the air in Louisiana right now it's the bad time of the year for me.

john3music

Lurker
Jan 31, 2024
Waco, Texas
john3music.com
Well it’s been about a week since I picked up my starter set. I’ve tried the 3 pinch and the rolling method of packing a bowl, and I like the rolling method. As for using a filter I found that I prefer to not use one. I get more flavor and have a better draw along with less relights. As for a Boswell blends I’m still working on the five blends I have they are all aromatics. May try picking up an ounce or two of the Boswell English blends here in a week.
I’ve tried different packing methods and I found I prefer a very light pack, so I just use the gravity method.

Cyxelsid

Starting to Get Obsessed
Well it’s been about a week since I picked up my starter set. I’ve tried the 3 pinch and the rolling method of packing a bowl, and I like the rolling method. As for using a filter I found that I prefer to not use one. I get more flavor and have a better draw along with less relights. As for a Boswell blends I’m still working on the five blends I have they are all aromatics. May try picking up an ounce or two of the Boswell English blends here in a week.
I have really enjoyed my journey so far... and I have received a lot of help here on the forum.

I am still trying to get through all of the blends I bought early on... and they seem to get better every time I go back to them. I can't wait to complete my move and get a proper storage space for my pipes and tobaccos. Right now I feel like everything is scattered to the wind.

Welcome to the forum!

Medy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2024
Chambersburg PA
I have really enjoyed my journey so far... and I have received a lot of help here on the forum.

I am still trying to get through all of the blends I bought early on... and they seem to get better every time I go back to them. I can't wait to complete my move and get a proper storage space for my pipes and tobaccos. Right now I feel like everything is scattered to the wind.

Welcome to the forum!
Yeah I’m still getting blends to try myself

Cyxelsid

Starting to Get Obsessed
Yeah I’m still getting blends to try myself
Well, it sounds like you are like me... starting a new hobby and buying anything and everything I could get my hands on to try! I did the same thing as I got more into coffee, bourbon, cooking/smoking, drones, wood working, etc.! I bought way more tobacco than I currently have time to experiment with and enjoy.

One of the things I wish I had done earlier, was to pay more attention to properly storing my tobacco. I should have gone straight to canning jars or mylar bags. I experimented with various more expensive recloseable jars with rubber gaskets. They just didn't seal well enough and most of my tobaccos dried out. I have followed several threads here about rehydrating them, but it would certainly have been easier if I had just followed the advice on the forum. No sense in recreating the wheel!

Medy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2024
Chambersburg PA
Well, it sounds like you are like me... starting a new hobby and buying anything and everything I could get my hands on to try! I did the same thing as I got more into coffee, bourbon, cooking/smoking, drones, wood working, etc.! I bought way more tobacco than I currently have time to experiment with and enjoy.

One of the things I wish I had done earlier, was to pay more attention to properly storing my tobacco. I should have gone straight to canning jars or mylar bags. I experimented with various more expensive recloseable jars with rubber gaskets. They just didn't seal well enough and most of my tobaccos dried out. I have followed several threads here about rehydrating them, but it would certainly have been easier if I had just followed the advice on the forum. No sense in recreating the wheel!
Yeah my journey is just about a month now. Luckily I live only 10 minutes away from a reputable tobacconist. So I’ve been getting a bunch of the house blends. Wanting to branch out into the commercial brands to see what I like out there.