PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ryan

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2021
Noblesville Indiana USA
I’ll start with pictures, and show you the pipe I’m talking about.

6B8B0707-0A15-492B-8B93-5B92A59C81AF.jpeg
4774AC1B-E218-454C-BE2D-4605FF4D9936.jpeg
0683471B-A0F4-4028-AEB6-86E517D53E57.jpeg

I bought this pipe via eBay abiut 2 years ago. It came from a seller in Israel, and we had talked back and forth about the pipe and haggled a bit and finally reached a bargain.

I got the pipe and it was filthy and probably the dirtiest pipe I have dealt with in terms of internal grime. The button had a little split or something, I honestly don’t remember exactly but it was something that had to be fixed up a bit.

I did that, and then the pipe sat for two years. I tried to sell it to SP but they weren’t interested. A couple of months ago I finally did the internals. Then I worked on the stem some more. Yesterday I finally did some polishing.

When I bought this pipe I knew the wood was fill-free and had some decent grain. It took me a long time to finally get around to it, but I am happy with how this one came out.

I like how it was stamped “Western Germany”, revealing the period of history in which in was made. M&T was a middle tier brand from what I understand, but they used a nice piece of briar for this one. I think it looks better in person than my pictures show.

Reactions: tobakenist