PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

peejhunt

Lurker
Aug 26, 2010
Greenup, Kentucky
It is a rough day in our household because my pipe smoking buddy has passed away. He was my four footed, hairy Lab mix who always laid at my feet while I smoked my pipe. He was with me constantly, but he lost his battle with Cushings disease. He enjoyed life up until the last week when things got really bad for him. The house doesn't seem the same without him and the cat dearly misses "her dog". She would groom him and rub up against him. I had my pipe with Iwan Ries Old Colonial and my coffee and just remembered all the good times I had with my "good boy."View attachment 301526View attachment 301528
So very sorry for your loss! Labs are such great companions!

Non-Mentholated Black Man

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 4, 2024
Where Texas Began
What can be said?

To every thing there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born and a time to die; a time to plant and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill and a time to heal; a time to break down and a time to build up;
A time to weep and a time to laugh; a time to mourn and a time to dance… ~ Ecclesiastes

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
It is a rough day in our household because my pipe smoking buddy has passed away. He was my four footed, hairy Lab mix who always laid at my feet while I smoked my pipe. He was with me constantly, but he lost his battle with Cushings disease. He enjoyed life up until the last week when things got really bad for him. The house doesn't seem the same without him and the cat dearly misses "her dog". She would groom him and rub up against him. I had my pipe with Iwan Ries Old Colonial and my coffee and just remembered all the good times I had with my "good boy."View attachment 301526View attachment 301528
My condolences, looked like a good pup.

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
I am totally overwhelmed by the sincere responses to the death of my buddy, Quincy. It only proves that with all the differences in the world, most people can agree that a dog is a special pet. They have all the qualities that we as humans are suppose to have and don't. It is no wonder that God spelled backwards is dog, because we should be as kind, sweet, forgiving etc. as a dog. The kindness of the pipe forum made my wife say that she had forgotten that there still are caring people in the world. I thank you all.