PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured interview on tonight's Pipes Magazine Radio Show is with J.B. “Brandon” Frady. Brandon is a new pipe maker making the Ash Cooper line of pipes which just launched earlier this year. His pipes are freehand and artistic shapes and designs. He is also a freelance writer for any type of project, but has been published for music reviews, concert reviews, and a single anomalous video game review, and other writings in a couple dozen professional publications. His full time job is with State Farm Insurance. At the top of the show we will have an Ask the Tobacco Blender segment with Jeremy Reeves. Jeremy is the Head Blender at Cornell & Diehl, which is one of the most popular boutique pipe tobacco companies in the USA.

The show airs every Tuesday at 8:00pm eastern US time, and can be found at PipesMagazine.com and all podcast apps.
J.-B.-Frady-by-Alex-Warren.jpg

andysc83

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2012
Laurens, South Carolina
Hi Brian! Good stuff from Jeremy as usual. Also, really happy to hear from an up and coming pipe maker but especially happy to hear from someone in South Carolina and so close to home!

Reactions: jbfrady

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Does anyone know if he has a site up or Instagram account?

Can’t find anything under his name or pipe line... hmm 🤔

Would love to see his pipes. :)

jbfrady

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2023
South Carolina
Does anyone know if he has a site up or Instagram account?

Can’t find anything under his name or pipe line... hmm 🤔

Would love to see his pipes. :)
I haven't been active on here as perhaps I should but I wanted to drop in to answer this one. At this moment, I'm a bit too small-time to have a website or an Instagram. (Currently, everybody who owns one of my pipes is on a first-name basis with me.) As alluded to in the episode, I initially rushed into this, so I took a step back, figured out what I did wrong, and now I'm putting together a small batch of four or five abstract sculptured pieces to bring to the Vegas show.

I wouldn't have been able to get into proper stem-making at all were it not for my buddy Alex. I'd underestimated the cost of finding all the right tooling and equipment, but he put his money, time, and energy in right alongside mine to acquire the tooling and practice needed to do it right. Once I get back from the pipe show, he and I are planning to reinitiate our local endeavor through Ash Cooper pipes. I've been going to Boda Pipes in Greenville since 2009, so I love the idea of having more affordable (i.e. less ridiculously intricate) pipes available. As a duo, our pipes should come available intermittently by year's end. And Ash Cooper does indeed have an Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/carolinacarved/ and once we're back up and running, you'll see photos appear there.

andysc83

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2012
Laurens, South Carolina
I haven't been active on here as perhaps I should but I wanted to drop in to answer this one. At this moment, I'm a bit too small-time to have a website or an Instagram. (Currently, everybody who owns one of my pipes is on a first-name basis with me.) As alluded to in the episode, I initially rushed into this, so I took a step back, figured out what I did wrong, and now I'm putting together a small batch of four or five abstract sculptured pieces to bring to the Vegas show.

I wouldn't have been able to get into proper stem-making at all were it not for my buddy Alex. I'd underestimated the cost of finding all the right tooling and equipment, but he put his money, time, and energy in right alongside mine to acquire the tooling and practice needed to do it right. Once I get back from the pipe show, he and I are planning to reinitiate our local endeavor through Ash Cooper pipes. I've been going to Boda Pipes in Greenville since 2009, so I love the idea of having more affordable (i.e. less ridiculously intricate) pipes available. As a duo, our pipes should come available intermittently by year's end. And Ash Cooper does indeed have an Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/carolinacarved/ and once we're back up and running, you'll see photos appear there.

I frequent Boda quite often! Maybe I'll see you there one day!

jbfrady

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2023
South Carolina
Will have to make it happen. We've talked with David about maybe putting on an event before long too. I'll be sure you know about it when it happens.

Reactions: andysc83