Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
The NY Times Men's Fashions section did a nice little piece on pipes where they talk about the new Sherlock Holmes movie with pipe smoking, and about Paul Kinsey on Mad Men smoking a pipe.
They also listed all the best retailers in NYC.
I made two comments on it. They published one.
They published my comment with the link to the Nat Sherman video here, but they didn't publish the other one with my link to the Michael Gladis interview, maybe because I too strongly worded my response to the morons with the anti-smoking comments.
http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/12/24/puff-piece-sherlock-holmes-piping-hot/

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I read it and left a comment and a link to the Michael Gladis interview. I guess it is still awaiting moderation.
I had to hold my tongue (fingers) at all of the ignorant anti comments that is there. It is amazing that they will let all of those comments through, but the one that you tried to leave defending pipe smoking didn't get approved.

peter

Might Stick Around
Oct 8, 2009
The Wife and I saw that movie over the holiday. I commented to her about the pipe, and wondered if there would be an increased interest in pipes due to it. Guess so. hehe
Reasons why pro-pipe comments are ignored:
1. Its the New York Times.

2. Its the New York Times.

3. Its the New York Times.
Reminds me of what was said of Tatooine - A wretched hive of scum and villany. Woo hoo, pipe geek gets to make a star wars reference and be an even bigger geek!

Status
Not open for further replies.