PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I hope we find out what happened to the 4th Generation line of blends he was to come out with.

Also, if they are being produced in Denmark, then by whom, Mac Baren or STG/Villiger-Stokkebye?

If the latter, then did he leave STG on "good terms"?

Does he view the Newminster brand as competition directed against the old Stokkebye product line?

The flavors and cuts of this new product line (by Mac Baren) appear to clone Stokkebye's bulk offerings.

Does it even matter now?

Lot's of stuff here to clear up.

erik-stokkebye-4th-gen-143x150.jpg

I hope this interview goes into more depth than that of McClelland's Mary McNiel. All I took from that was she did some of the art work on their tins! Not her fault, of course. If you don't ask the right questions, you'll get a shallow interview from even the likes of Winston Churchill! :lol:

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
:rofl: I should have thought of these things when I first learned that E.S. was this week's guest.

As it is all these questions come a little too late; but I hope Brian was giving them some consideration anyway.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
It was nice hearing Erik Stokkebye. I had the pleasure of meeting his father, Peter, at the B&M some years ago and reading Peter's autobiography. A class act that obviously passed on the best to his son. Thanks for a good show.

Status
Not open for further replies.