PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured interview on tonight's Pipes Magazine Radio Show is with Kevin Foster. Kevin is a part-time pipe maker residing in Atlanta. His full time job is flying Boeing 767s for a commercial airline in and out of Atlanta, South America, and Europe. Kevin started smoking a pipe in college, on and off. He got back into smoking during the 2020 COVID lockdown, and while reading Rick Newcombe’s book, “In Search of Pipe Dreams” where the author described the special way he liked to have his pipes drilled wider, Kevin became curious and inspired. He is just two years shy of pipe making experience, and has already developed quite a following. At the top of the show we will have a Pipes 101 Revisited segment with a discussion of the pipe shank.

The show airs every Tuesday at 8:00pm eastern US time, and can be found at PipesMagazine.com and all podcast apps.

Kevin-Foster-Photo-by-Neil-Osborn.jpg

Kevin Foster photo by Neil Osborn

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Great to hear about Kevin’s story. It was especially enjoyable to hear how carvers gave him input. I knew that these guys are masters but I was still surprised how they could pick out exactly what Kevin did and where he might improve.

But the best part of this episode was hearing about LVIPS. From all the things you mentioned, this sounds like THE show to be at. Chicago sounds like the a fun trade show whereas this sounds more like a pipes summer camp. I know it’ll be at least a few years until I get there but this is at the top of my pipe bucket lists of things to attend. Thanks to you, Dave, and all the unnamed folks who are putting on a killer event to serve the community.

Reactions: admin