PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured interview on tonight's Pipes Magazine Radio Show is with Reid Robertson. Reid is a relatively new pipe maker, but—get this—his first memory of pipe smoking goes back to when he was two years old. He started smoking pipes when he was 18, and starting making them in 2021. Pipe carver David S. Huber started mentoring him in the fall of 2022 and he is now making beautiful quality pipes. At the top of the show, we will have a Pipe Smoking 101 segment with a quite basic talk on the two main types of tobacco that are used for pipes. This will be an ongoing series that will become more detailed, and less basic as it proceeds.

The show airs every Tuesday at 8:00pm eastern US time, and can be found at PipesMagazine.com and all podcast apps.

Reid-Robertson.jpg

Reactions: Hutch Piper

Hutch Piper

(Hutch1904)
Mar 12, 2022
Charlotte, NC
I really enjoyed your interview with Reid Robertson. I had the pleasure of meeting Reid at the Columbus Pipe Show in August. He’s a really nice and interesting guy and he makes some beautiful pipes. I would encourage any pipe enthusiast to check out his work.

Also, thanks for your simple yet thorough explanation regarding tobacco types. I had never thought of it in such simplistic terms as Virginias and Burleys, but it makes perfect sense following your explanation. Thanks for yet another great show.