Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured interview on tonight's Pipes Magazine Radio Show is with Tanner Halligan. Tanner is from Columbus Ohio, and makes the Butterbone Briars line of pipes. He first tried pipe smoking in high school with some friends, and enjoyed it on and off. About a year ago he began making pipes part-time, but was struggling until he decided to buy some pipe making kits by RawKrafted. The kits are made at Smoker’s Haven in Columbus. Tanner went into the shop and was immediately hired by shop owner and pipe maker Premal Chheda. With Premal’s mentoring, Tanner’s pipe making skills took a big leap forward. At the top of the show, we’ll have a Pipe Smoking 101 segment on flake tobaccos.

The show airs every Tuesday at 8:00pm eastern US time, and can be found at PipesMagazine.com and all podcast apps.

Tanner-Halligan.jpg

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Another great show. Tanner was an excellent guest. Great demeanor and back story. Good looking pipes too. Premmal Chheda’s legacy lives on.

Your rant was spot on. Sadly it hinges on politicians having the will to do what’s right. How blatantly obvious does a problem need to be? Seriously?

Apparently most politicians are descended from the octopus because there’s not a backbone to be seen in the lot of them.

Reactions: samuelgawith01

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Just started breaking in the Butterbone 1/8 bent apple that I got at Chicago. I was impressed by its shape and workmanship, but what pulled the Buy trigger was the low density of the briar. Low density makes for lighter pipes, but what I most value is that it insulates the burning cherry better. By keeping the heat in, rather than radiating out through the bowl walls, I don't have to puff more in order to keep the tobacco smoldering. This in turn keeps the temperature down and lets the blend smolder better, which increases the flavors. So far, on the first bowl, so good.

Reactions: AroEnglish