PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Buffalo

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2022
Central Nebraska
I apologize for the poor picture quality, but Prime TV on mobile just gives you a black box when you try and screenshot it, so had to take a picture off of my monitor. Someone else mentioned Walten Goggins in Fallout Episode 7, so here he is:

Attachments

• 1000006359.jpg
    1000006359.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: johnscs and PaulRVA

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
John Rhys-Davies is a pipe smoker; he has a youtube video sitting in the window of his farmhouse and his pipe rack is seen there, He also smoked pipes in a Murder She Wrote episode ... he had a large tin of Granger on his desk in the episode.
The Murder She Wrote episode was J.B. as in Jailbird. John Rhys Davies plays Lancaster ... former MI-6 Station chief in Kenya now exiled to California. In one of the opening scenes he load what appears to be a Dunhill shell briar Zulu with Sir Walter Raleigh from a new can on the desk (he opens it). In a subsequent scene he smoke SWR in what appears to be an Acorn shaped pipe with a triangular shank and a Lovat stem with a silver band. Later on he smokes a bulldog or rhodesian and has the can of Granger on his desk.
The episode is rated 7.2 by fans.

AreBee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2024
Farmington, Connecticut USA
Speaking of Sherlock Holmes, this suave dude is William Gillette who played Sherlock Holmes in the 1916 silent movie an played him over 1,300 times on the stage.

First illustrations of Holmes in literature featured the character with a straight pipe, but Gillette introduced the bent briar pipe to Holmes most likely so that he could pronounce his lines more easily; a straight pipe can wiggle or fall when speaking, or cause problems with delivering lines while it is clenched between the teeth. It also allowed a more clear view of his face.

Gillette's "castle" is open to the public in Hadlyme, CT and is really a sight to be seen. My daughter was doing a research project on our town 10+ years ago and we found his grave in our hometown only a mile or so from our house.

wm.gillette.jpeg

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
During the Murdock Mysteries, my latest murder mystery binge show, I’ve seen the same Pete’s with gold band half a dozen times in 5 seasons, smoked by various characters and the last time the bowl was angled and you could clearly see the pipe was brand new never smoked 😂.

Also saw this in an episode.

IMG_3228.jpeg

Reactions: pipenschmoeker123

RL Bucktails

Lurker
Apr 23, 2024
Pascack Valley
Speaking of Sherlock Holmes, this suave dude is William Gillette who played Sherlock Holmes in the 1916 silent movie an played him over 1,300 times on the stage.

First illustrations of Holmes in literature featured the character with a straight pipe, but Gillette introduced the bent briar pipe to Holmes most likely so that he could pronounce his lines more easily; a straight pipe can wiggle or fall when speaking, or cause problems with delivering lines while it is clenched between the teeth. It also allowed a more clear view of his face.

Gillette's "castle" is open to the public in Hadlyme, CT and is really a sight to be seen. My daughter was doing a research project on our town 10+ years ago and we found his grave in our hometown only a mile or so from our house.

View attachment 313935
That’s some smoking coat there.

grand wazoo

Lurker
Jul 25, 2023
Western N.Y.

View attachment 313935
been to the castle, it's fabulous!

• Love
Reactions: AreBee