PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
A couple of weeks ago, I emailed Vauen to inquire about purchasing a replacement stem. You have to sign in and provide your e-mail and address. I received a nice short note from Heidi (😍) informing me that replacement stems can be provided at no charge and one would be mailed to me the following week. It took two weeks but I received it today in a big box along with three blue bristle cleaners and a box of wood matches !

It even has a white dot mark of quality !! My Vauen has become my most reached for pipe and now I will be shopping for another ! Maybe some "other" pipe makers could adopt such wonderful old fashioned customer loyalty !!!

I can't recommend Vauen enough and those of you that have one know why....great smoking pipes. 🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Glad to hear about the great service. Do you have photos of the old and new stem? I’m impressed that the stem they sent you fit without having to send back the stummel.

That's amazing! Stark contrast from the recent post about a Brigham replacement stem. Vauen is now on my list of next pipes to buy, thanks for sharing!
Where was the Brigham post?

WhiteCrown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 29, 2023
Pac NW, USA
Glad to hear about the great service. Do you have photos of the old and new stem? I’m impressed that the stem they sent you fit without having to send back the stummel.

Where was the Brigham post?

It sounds like Brigham won't even send one if you wanted to pay for it, which is understandable due to needing to be fitted, but if I can a replacement original for cheap (or free), and without sending my pipe off... I have sandpaper and buffing tools for knifemaking, I'll knock it out myself. Tenon breaks are common enough that this definitely influences my pipe purchasing decision-making model lol.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
but if I can a replacement original for cheap (or free), and without sending my pipe off
If its a standard type check ebay first. Some pipe sellers have to buy in quantity to get a few then sell the rest on ebay. I bought 4 german made unfinished military mount stems (semi churchwarden length) on ebay for about $12.00. All they needed was sanding and polishing. But you have to search. Judperl often sells new stems in batches for example.

Pipercat

Lurker
Aug 14, 2023
A couple of weeks ago, I emailed Vauen to inquire about purchasing a replacement stem. You have to sign in and provide your e-mail and address. I received a nice short note from Heidi (😍) informing me that replacement stems can be provided at no charge and one would be mailed to me the following week. It took two weeks but I received it today in a big box along with three blue bristle cleaners and a box of wood matches !

It even has a white dot mark of quality !! My Vauen has become my most reached for pipe and now I will be shopping for another ! Maybe some "other" pipe makers could adopt such wonderful old fashioned customer loyalty !!!

I can't recommend Vauen enough and those of you that have one know why....great smoking pipes. 🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇
Do you have the address you used? I am wondering if I just used a dead one. Tried writing to then about a cracked mortise in a new pipe, and never got a response. Hoping I just didn't have an up to date email address.