PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

towhee89

Might Stick Around
Sep 28, 2021
Morganton, North Carolina
So I've read good things about the sta-fresh Middleton tubs. I have a tub of Prince Albert I got last September and I haven't been smoking as much lately and thought the lid was closed fully, but when I pressed down on it yesterday I heard it go down some more and was wondering if it had aged and expanded the lid somehow. I could have just not closed it good enough though. My question is would this even matter keeping it fresh? I know PA has pg or some form of preservative, it still feels fine and I figured it didn't really matter but I was wondering. I do prefer my tobacco on the dry side anyhow but I've read usually they stay good in the tubs for years because of all the preservatives, but I wonder if the seal is good enough as long as it's pushed down some.

I had quit smoking because sickness messed up my taster at the end of last year and I had a bowl a few days ago and it was better but not like I remember, but I've wanted to try to start smoking a bit more again.

johnnyflake

Might Stick Around
Jul 29, 2023
Henderson, Nevada
Did the lid push down and then pop up again or did it stay down? If it popped back up, I'd say there is a good chance that the seal is still good, but that's just me. If it stayed down, chances are the seal is gone. Either way, there is enough PG in that blend that it should hold up, as is for years to come.

towhee89

Might Stick Around
Sep 28, 2021
Morganton, North Carolina
Did the lid push down and then pop up again or did it stay down? If it popped back up, I'd say there is a good chance that the seal is still good, but that's just me. If it stayed down, chances are the seal is gone. Either way, there is enough PG in that blend that it should hold up, as is for years to come.

Well it looked secure and the last time I opened it I always made sure to close it tight but I pushed down and just noticed I heard it move some which made me think maybe from age or something it was pushed up. I think the seal is still good because it does come up a bit trying to push it down until you press a few times. The tobacco under the top layer is still very moist. I guess it doesn't matter because of the pg but was wondering how good the seals are because I've seen people have left them in the tub for years. I always decant into a small glass jar when I am taking some out to smoke.

Just smoked some 5 Bros and enjoyed it so I'm going to start smoking again!

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Well it looked secure and the last time I opened it I always made sure to close it tight but I pushed down and just noticed I heard it move some which made me think maybe from age or something it was pushed up. I think the seal is still good because it does come up a bit trying to push it down until you press a few times. The tobacco under the top layer is still very moist. I guess it doesn't matter because of the pg but was wondering how good the seals are because I've seen people have left them in the tub for years. I always decant into a small glass jar when I am taking some out to smoke.

Just smoked some 5 Bros and enjoyed it so I'm going to start smoking again!
Good choice. On the smoking and the five brothers. Yeah that's one of the most underrated and great blends out there.

Reactions: towhee89