PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

browell2445

Lurker
Apr 18, 2024
Hello,
I am becoming a fan of most red virginias i can find. I really enjoy the sutliff crumble kake red virginia, and was lucky enough try some of mccraines red ribbon and red stag. any other recommendation for the vinegar heavy or sweet flavors?

Auxsender

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
Hello,
I am becoming a fan of most red virginias i can find. I really enjoy the sutliff crumble kake red virginia, and was lucky enough try some of mccraines red ribbon and red stag. any other recommendation for the vinegar heavy or sweet flavors?
Cornell and Diehl Carolina Red Flake
Watch City Simply Red
HU My Red Fox
KBV Redline
KBV Byronic Hiro
Watch City 558 (also has delicious perique)
KBV Study In Scarlett
Cornell and Diehl Derringer
McClelland Christmas Cheer
Wessex Red Virginia
McConnel Red Virginia
Cringle Flake

Last edited:
Reactions: yanoJL and MattRVA

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
The real "vinegary" stuff was made by McClelland, a byproduct of their processing. It flashed off pretty quickly. Aged red Virginias tend to have more of a tang to them. Occasionally, some Virginias develop a more prominent sweetness to them after years of aging, or they don't.

Reactions: woodsroad

Auxsender

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
Can anyone suggest Red leaning tobaccos that are in Europe?
Cornell and Diehl Carolina Red Flake and HU My Red Fox are currently stocked at Estervals. Those are the only two I’ve had that I know have red Virginia in them. I believe they’re only red Virginia.

Last edited:

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Cornell and Diehl Carolina Red Flake and HU My Red Fox are currently stocked at Eatervals. Those are the only two I’ve had that I know have red Virginia in them. I believe they’re only red Virginia.
Big fan of the Carolina Red Flake if you can get that i would get a tin to try and i really like the CRF w/Perique as well.