PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Only Jaimoe now remains.

No worries.

Synthesizer-morphed voices, computerized instruments, and 500 layers of processed audio slush will soon get even better when AI starts "writing" and "playing" ALL music.

Real music played by real humans using real instruments on a stage is SO yesterday.

Get with the times, X'er... Stop lamenting the passage of dinosaurs and celebrate the glorious future!

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
No worries.

Synthesizer-morphed voices, computerized instruments, and 500 layers of processed audio slush will soon get even better when AI starts "writing" and "playing" ALL music.

Real music played by real humans using real instruments on a stage is SO yesterday.

Get with the times, X'er... Stop lamenting the passage of dinosaurs and celebrate the glorious future!
Very true. And no better example of real musicians playing real music than the Allman Brothers.

And to quote Dickey Betts, "The biggest mistake I ever made was agreeing to name this band the Allman Brothers". LOL

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I wonder if there is a rock musician we wouldn't grieve for.
I'll star the list
1. Anyone that "takes over" and sings lead for Journey
2. Anyone that "takes over" and sings lead for Queen
3. Anyone that thinks because you bought a ticket and most likely overpaid for it is there to listen to them rant about their political views for 45 minutes of the show. I can name two of those right off the top of my head.

This is easy!!!

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
One of the greatest ever in my opinion. If you can't tell from my username, I'm a bit of an Allman Brothers fanatic. From playing with Duane, to helping to lead the Allman brothers forward past Duane and then Berry's deaths, Dickey was part of the heart and soul of the band. Great singer and songwriter as well. RIP

Reactions: brian64