PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Glad somebody caught that, Brewshooter. :lol:
Thanks again to Brian for making the interview fun and rather painless. I did want to point out some of my own errata though:
I misspoke while on the topic of Perique--the PipesMagazine.com article is not a 'primer on Perique', it was the much more poetically named "The Mystique of Perique". Also, it is the L.A. Poché Perique Tobacco Company that I intended to reference, calling it instead the Percy Martin farm. I do have Percy Martin Perique stashed away, and it's one of my favorites. FInally, I said Carolina Green River Burley, when, obviously, the Green River is actually in Kentucky.
And the above makes it obvious that I wouldn't be nearly as intelligible were it not for the patient and gracious assistance of my fellow NYPC members Avi and Peter who have allowed me to torture them with the task of editing my articles. A million thanks to them, really.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Yes, I did catch the couple of mis-spoken parts, but your interview is still one of the best and one of my favorites. Interestingly enough, when I've been down to the L.A. Poche factory for a party, the Martin boys, (Percy's sons) are there in their work shirts embroidered with "Martin Farms". So even though they are technically competitors, it's a friendly competition.
Check it out:
IMG_9380.jpg

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Thanks for the mention of the pipe club Brian! I appreciate it and hopefully it will help us grow. On a side note, Brigham Canada is going to send out a rep to our May meeting I believe so thanks to the Brigham family for helping us get the show up and running.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I've been on vacation and had not yet had a chance to listen to the show. I heard it this afternoon in the car coming back from NJ - I got a shout-out from Bill regarding my visits to the NYC pipe club, so now I'm famous! During pipe club meetings, it is usually too hectic for many personal conversations, so it was interesting to get a peek into Bill's experiences and I found it a very interesting interview. (and thanks to the NYC Pipe Club for always being so welcoming to a visitor)

Status
Not open for further replies.