PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

demian_dec

Lurker
Mar 6, 2024
NRW, Germany
Just received a new pipe made by the same man who made the one I received as a gift years ago, and which I, to my greatest regret, forgot at home. A somewhat longer, straight, slightly sandblasted Dublin with a rounded rim and a notably slimmer shank with a nice band to protect the wood. Acrylic tapered mouthpiece with a thinned bite end. No filter.

The maker behind it took each and every of my wishes into account, even the wood imperfections (see the rim). Spent this rainy evening breaking this beauty in with Stanwell "Ruby" mixed with some leftovers from a couple other blends (a pinch of Danske Club "Sepia", a pinch of "Kentucky Bird" and a handful of broken full Virginia flake left after finishing the tin - tastes nevertheless). Not the best to my liking, but it was the only tobacco I had on hand. Looking forward to visiting my tobacconist in order to resupply on my favourites.

It's not as easy to clench due to both the pipe's weight and the thinned bite piece that doesn't really play along with my current dental layout (wearing braces at the moment) - I wanted the piece to be this way, but who knew :) A great pipe nevertheless. I don't think I'll be letting it sit long from now on.

P.S.
I wouldn't create this thread if not exclusively for your interest, @AroEnglish. Still waiting on that package from my father (it's also his scarf everything is laid on) :)

Dublin.jpg

Uguccione

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2024
Italy
Beautiful, I really like the fine sandblasting. That imperfection on the rim is always better than a rustication or - worse - a filler.