PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BlueMaxx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2020
Indiana
Most of y’all probably know this, but I did not until recently.
It is a twofer because you get to be frugal making your soap last longer and also the icing on the cake....literally!
If you already know about it, you might want to skip this, however if you're new to DE shaving, it might be useful.
I got down to remnants in the tub.
An old thread mentioned a way to go the distance.
All you need is an Old Old Spice cup and a can of Duncan Hines frosting. (You can pick up those cups for cheap on flea bay)
The lid fits perfectly over the cup.
So I just scraped it all into the mug and put on the cap and load the brush as needed.
Pretty neat!
IMG_2097.jpeg

IMG_2098.jpeg

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
It is a twofer because you get to be frugal making your soap last longer and also the icing on the cake....literally!
If you already know about it, you might want to skip this, however if you're new to DE shaving, it might be useful.
All you need is an Old Old Spice cup and a can of Duncan Hines frosting. (You can pick up those cups for cheap on flea bay)
So I just scraped it all into the mug and put on the cap and load the brush as needed.
Pretty neat!
View attachment 301545

View attachment 301546

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Old Smokey

Can't Leave
Feb 29, 2024
The Hollers of Kentucky in Appalachia
Pretty neat!
View attachment 301545

View attachment 301546
Or buy a bar of shaving soap.

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
I was going to post above, but got distracted.... Anyway, I just wanted to say that in the pic above that stuff in the bottom of the yellow cup looks a lot like the fur balls our yellow cat leaves on our floors. I tried, not a very good smoke. puffy

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
So I just scraped it all into the mug
So ... you are shaving with frosting because you ran out of shaving cream ? I can do you one better ... just use Witch Hazel before and after and nothing else. Its an astringent so you won't get razor burn or irritation and is oily enough to shave comfortably. I switched about 30 yrs ago and have never had a problem. :sher:

BlueMaxx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2020
Indiana
wait what? Not sure if I understand. I am wondering why you would transfer the soap into another container?

I got tired of it all being to the outside when it came towards the end and all the soap was along the sides. I like to let a little hot water sit on the soap to soften it up.
The lid keeps it from drying out.
Don’t like the tip?
Don’t use it.
I just thought it was kind of cool...and also some people buy pucks and it works for that.

Tough crowd.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
I got tired of it all being to the outside when it came towards the end and all the soap was along the sides. I like to let a little hot water sit on the soap to soften it up.
Don’t like the tip?
Don’t use it.
I just thought it was kind of cool...and also some people buy pucks and it works for that.

Tough crowd.
Don't like the tip? I promised myself not to make any 'That's what she said!' jokes today...so, you're safe from me😁

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Don’t like the tip?
Don’t use it.

Tough crowd.
ok now I get what your trick was. Thanks.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I bought a hot water scuttle on Amazon for like $12 a couple years ago it’s great, double walled, fill the interior with hot water and you get a nice hot lather on your brush. That being said i haven’t used it in years but it looks damn good 😂

Reactions: renfield