PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
One of my top 2 or 3...
The POTY 2020 might be slightly more favored by myself but I'm grabbing both of them VERY frequently.
When I want to smoke that shape, I go to one of my 9BC's. But that's mainly because I don't have a 2020 POTY :) Incredibly, someone was selling an unsmoked Natural for $300 a few years ago. More incredibly, I didn't buy it!

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
Here are a few oddballs I have been working on today. Top is a 'Great Explorer' Scott that I have shown previously. Middle is a Noli Milano 68. I have never heard of these, they are not in Mark's book, and that is not a shape 68. The rim was a wreck, so I regretably had to sand the top and re-stain, but it turned out great. The bottom one I've also shown before.

Involuntarily started humming...

🎵 Fat-bottom Petes you make the smoking world go round ... Get out your pipes and smoke! 🎶

zVRzMQt.jpeg

revnatorade

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2024
North Florida
A
Here are a few oddballs I have been working on today. Top is a 'Great Explorer' Scott that I have shown previously. Middle is a Noli Milano 68. I have never heard of these, they are not in Mark's book, and that is not a shape 68. The rim was a wreck, so I regretably had to sand the top and re-stain, but it turned out great. The bottom one I've also shown before.

Involuntarily started humming...

🎵 Fat-bottom Petes you make the smoking world go round ... Get out your pipes and smoke! 🎶

zVRzMQt.jpeg
All gorgeous.

Reactions: Nevaditude

revnatorade

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2024
North Florida
Thanks. I have way too many pipes. As I was polishing these three I was thinking I'm at the point now where it's doubtful any future pipes I acquire will ever be smoked. :ROFLMAO:

Kind of kidding - when I get a stem put on that 1896 Pete Patent, it is definitely going to get smoked.
I'm to the point where I'm buying hard to find ones just to sell them. I can't smoke them all and wouldn't dare smoke a hard to find Pete.

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
I'm to the point where I'm buying hard to find ones just to sell them. I can't smoke them all and wouldn't dare smoke a hard to find Pete.

If it's 'hard-to-find' and used, smoke it. Most of my pre-wwi Petes arrived in horrible condition. I restored them and there are no pipes I enjoy smoking more than the ones that were heading for the garbage, but over 100 years later are getting a second life.

Brew&Briar

(Urban Briar)
Jan 3, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
When I want to smoke that shape, I go to one of my 9BC's. But that's mainly because I don't have a 2020 POTY :) Incredibly, someone was selling an unsmoked Natural for $300 a few years ago. More incredibly, I didn't buy it!
I believe that someone was me. And I never ended up selling it. Held it for a few months for someone who changed their mind, and in the end I decided to keep it for the time being.
I have a dark smooth, the natural, and an Irish seconds.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Here are six De Luxe Petersons with 'Hand Cut' stems and bone chimneys. Only one has a date hallmark (1971) and only one has an inlaid metal 'P'.

fki2mvf.jpeg

Other side of the rack contains six pipes that might have been created by Paddy Larrigan:

1 - 'Hand Made' house pipe with aluminum 'P' and straight grain on the sides
2 - Plateaux with aluminum 'P' and ~Dunmore shank treatment
3 - Supreme with gold band and 'Hand Cut' stem
4 - Wicklow with 'Hand Cut' twin bore stem
5 - System SPECIAL
6 - System SPECIAL

7OLCWfW.jpeg
Non-metal P deluxes are my favorite deluxes.

Is that sandblast the Wicklow? And what does System SPECIAL mean?

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
Non-metal P deluxes are my favorite deluxes.

Is that sandblast the Wicklow? And what does System SPECIAL mean?

Yes, it's the Wicklow - I think it was an Iwan Ries offering. No one is sure about the 'special' stamp, but Mark I says it was special runs, possibly made by Paddy Larrigan. I have owned three, and each had very unusual grain.

revnatorade

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2024
North Florida
Two. Together. In the wild.

Completely unheard of!
I have a terrible poker face, so when it tried to talk them down on the price they wouldn't budge, probably saw how excited I was. Lol. Oh well. They weren't cheap but it was a cool find. This was the fourth store I hit today and other than finding some old tins of tobacco at the other three I struck out on great pipe finds.

revnatorade

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2024
North Florida
Two. Together. In the wild.

Completely unheard of!
I have a terrible poker face, so when I tried to talk them down on the price they wouldn't budge, probably saw how excited I was. Lol. Oh well. They weren't cheap but it was a cool find. This was the fourth store I hit today and other than finding some old tins of tobacco at the other three I struck out on great pipe finds.