PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

willweb

Lurker
Dec 23, 2023
At a recent auction, I picked up a nice set of 4 Bewlay Pipes. I learned much about the company's history by reading an old thread in the Forum from 2016. But since it was so old, almost all of the photographs were missing, so it is mostly just comments. I'm not great on older pipes and feel these might be antiques. All four contain sterling silver and have maker marks. Any information you can give would be much appreciated, Especially concerning the marks and when the pipes were made. Thanks for any help. Bewlay Set.jpegIMG_0561.jpg

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Very lovely set. Congrats
Most importantly there are no missing pieces and they seem to be in excellent condition
You will find more information on Bewlay in Pipedia (just Google Bewlay Pipedia)

Reactions: willweb

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
At a recent auction, I picked up a nice set of 4 Bewlay Pipes. I learned much about the company's history by reading an old thread in the Forum from 2016. But since it was so old, almost all of the photographs were missing, so it is mostly just comments. I'm not great on older pipes and feel these might be antiques. All four contain sterling silver and have maker marks. Any information you can give would be much appreciated, Especially concerning the marks and when the pipes were made. Thanks for any help. View attachment 273194View attachment 273198
What a beautiful set! Will you be reselling it on eBay?

Reactions: AroEnglish

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I'm unsure what is allowed on this forum, but I am not a collector.
I believe it's acceptable to post it for sale in the "For Sale" sub-forum right here if you like. You can also post it on eBay but I'd avoid a "Buy it Now" sale that might be either too high (and never sell) or too low (and lose you money).

willweb

Lurker
Dec 23, 2023
I believe it's acceptable to post it for sale in the "For Sale" sub-forum right here if you like. You can also post it on eBay but I'd avoid a "Buy it Now" sale that might be either too high (and never sell) or too low (and lose you money).