Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

fishmansf

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2022
PNW
Title edited. See Rule 9 for title guidance.

Not sure what happened. Im a regular pipe smoker and smoke about 6 blends exclusively. Nothing has changed in my smoking routine/patterns, same amount of dry time, same char light, same smoking pace, everything yet about a month ago, I just lost my taste. All my blends taste acidic, ashy, and frankly, disgusting. I’ve pulled a few other tins out that I rarely smoke just to do some taste test and they have the same flavor profile as the rest. Any idea what could have happened?

Last edited by a moderator:

fishmansf

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2022
PNW
Have your medications or diet changed in any way recently ? 🤔
Check with your Doctor ... have a full blood panel ... could be something going on.
Or maybe you're just sick and tired of those six blends and need to go shopping. 👍
Medications: I’m not on any so no. Diet: sort of, I switched from Carnivore to an animal based diet. Probably not a bad idea to see the doc and get a physical.

BingBong

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2024
London UK
Viral infection, flu, covid, sepsis and antibiotics have all demolished my taste for tobacco at various points in the last 4 years. It might be good if you had a check up.

The other side of this is recovery and rehab into tobacco - that takes time and patience; the nuanced flavours which are the reason for pipe tobaccos take quite a while to return. The question is, what blends are best for this? It was usually straight Va for me, although last time it was a Balkan which brought me back.

Reactions: dunnyboy and JOHN72

johnnyflake

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 29, 2023
Henderson, Nevada
I would urge you to see your family doctor and get a blood test. Something has changed within you, and you need to know what. Covid could be the culprit. Many people find themselves with issues popping up and found it to be from Covid and they never even knew they had it. It certainly cannot hurt to get it done!

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Assuming that you don’t die of any of the maladies others are suggesting, you might benefit from:
1. Scrubbing out your pipes and giving them a rest.
2. Changing what you smoke.
3. Taking a break from smoking to give your mouth and sinuses a vacation.
4. Quitting and chucking the whole business because you’re actually kind of done with it.