PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

birdog

Might Stick Around
Nov 26, 2019
Upstate, South Carolina
a flake tobacco, that arrived with the flakes partially broken up.

I rubbed some out and set it on table for a bit, filled the pipe lightly, and lit her up....nice chocolate rasberry flavor (it's an aromatic). Burned completely to white ash without working hard at it (smoked outside 45 degree weather on a dog walk). Base tobaccos mostly quality virginias. Maybe one or two relights necessary max.
The flavorings comprise 60 % of the taste and the base tobaccos 40%....maybe 70/30. not overladen with PG and flavor consistent all the way. Very pleased overall. Nice, light, tingle through the nose, too.

Dave760

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2023
Pittsburgh, PA
I wanted to try this stuff a while ago but it seemed to have disappeared. My assumption at the time was that the tinned tobacco "Cobblestone Cafe Mocha Flake" was probably the same thing but in tins. I'm happy to see that the bulk (whether the same as the tinned or different) is available now.

Thanks very much for posting your thoughts on this one.

birdog

Might Stick Around
Nov 26, 2019
Upstate, South Carolina
thanks for the clarification....
so there probably a lot of blends that are the same, but sold under different names....this is a bit of a revelation to me. Is there a thread that covers this duplication?

Reactions: Chasing Embers