Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

johnnyflake

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 29, 2023
Henderson, Nevada
Personally, I love Walnut, also made by John Middleton Co. and with the demise of Carter Hall and Prince Albert also came the demise of Walnut. I have one 4oz jar of Walnut from Aug 2009 left and plan to open soon, and one sealed 12oz Tin. from that same period. I have heard that one of the blenders out there has come up with a copy Walnut blend in bulk, but I do not know which one.

Attachments

• MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Personally, I love Walnut, also made by John Middleton Co. and with the demise of Carter Hall and Prince Albert also came the demise of Walnut. I have one 4oz jar of Walnut from Aug 2009 left and plan to open soon, and one sealed 12oz Tin. from that same period. I have heard that one of the blenders out there has come up with a copy Walnut blend in bulk, but I do not know which one.

The mach is very close to the original.

towhee89

Might Stick Around
Sep 28, 2021
Morganton, North Carolina
My taste buds tell me that there is nothing better than Prince Albert and a good cup of coffee. So when the original went away I started smoking Match V.I.P. or Match Edgeworth Ready Rubbed with my coffee. Since these are blends that I smoke regularly, I enjoyed them with my coffee. Recently I ordered a box of samples from Milan Tobacconist from Roanoke, Va. I ordered their version of Prince Albert. My taste buds tell me that Milan's Our Prince Albert is a very good substitute for the original. I am enjoying my morning coffee with the Prince again. Milan also makes a very good English/Aro, Colonial Pastimes that you may enjoy. If you order some Milan Our Prince Albert, I would be interested in what you think of it.

I have the ready rubbed match. To be honest I like the flavor but it's been inconsistent for me. It's a very light subtle flavor either way, I noticed it needs drying quite a while to smoke how I want it to. I think the casing is part of the reason I have trouble with it. All the Sutliff blends I have benefit from a lot of dry time. Sometimes the err match is great other times it's just eh. I don't know if anyone else has this issue. I agree with you about PA, I absolutely love it.

Reactions: WVOldFart

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
Oh, thanks - perhaps my main retailer has wound down stock, I'll check another.

Hmm, no, none there either. I wonder if there's some other issue?
yep,its called brexit.I believe some blends are no longer imported into the UK from EU due to paperwork involved.And yes I realise some Mc Baren blends are still available

BingBong

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2024
London UK
yep,its called brexit.I believe some blends are no longer imported into the UK from EU due to paperwork involved.And yes I realise some Mc Baren blends are still available
I see. No space on the forms for "HH" or somesuch. I'm not really buying the Brexit reasoning, there must be something else going on - we're 3 years down the line now and stuff has randomly disappeared at odd times. Bio-Tex for one (grrr), but it's a P&G product still sold in other countries.

Zamora

Can't Leave
Mar 15, 2023
Olympia, Washington
I really wanna try all the classic codger blends, but I just don't want to commit to a tub. I do have SWR and H&H in my rotation, I wouldn't mind getting tubs of them since I tried them in a pouch and knew I liked it. Really sad how many classics seem to be very debased now, if I ever do try another codger I'm probably going with Granger since it seems to still be very well regarded.

Last edited:

RookieGuy80

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2023
Maryland, United States
I really wanna try all the classic codger blends, but I just don't want to commit to a tub. I do have SWR and H&H in my rotation, I wouldn't mind getting tubs of them since I tried them in a pouch and knew I liked it. Really sad how many classics seem to be very debased now, if I ever do try another codger I'm probably going with Granger since it seems to still be very well regarded.
Check out West Virginia Smoke Shop. I was able to get one ounce samples of PA, Granger, and something else I can't remember off the top of my head. I was in the same boat, I wanted to try some but not a whole tub.