PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I have noticed since using my new lappy that I no longer have the option to 'like' or otherwise a person's post. Also, I no longer have the option to edit a fresh post I have made.

I'm sure there's a simple cure but for the life of me I cannot find it so any advice would be hugely welcome.

Regards,

Jay.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Cheers Al, yes, hovering the pointer around the bottom does indeed bring up the like etc options, thanks so much.

BTW guys, I'm using the default IE browser (as I do on my desktop without any problems).

Regards,

Jay.

PS: It also works on the edit button too!

PPS: It also works on the touchscreen if I place my finger in the right area.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Yeah, I think the hovering concept is supposed to make the UI more streamlined and user friendly (less clicks) but it’s not very clear when things shift. I wonder what the difference between your desktop and laptop are? Maybe a different version of IE or is it MS Edge on the laptop? That has replaced IE as the default, at least in the US.

Sometimes on my phone it only shows the first two lines of everyone's post on this forum and no like or reply options. I have to close the browser app and restart it. Then it always locks up when I try to scroll down the alerts, and it doesn't let me go up or down. I never have a problem on my laptop, but that means that I can only use the forum when I am at my workbench. But, I imagine the admin and mods are thankful for that, ha ha.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I suspect that is caused by the browser you are using. I use Firefox, no issues. (those options also aren't visible until you put the cursor over that line)
Some years back Firefox was my primary browser, but quite using it because it constantly crashed on me.

Reactions: ofafeather

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"I wonder what the difference between your desktop and laptop are? Maybe a different version of IE or is it MS Edge on the laptop?"

@Ofafeather, I do have the option of Edge but at the moment I'm quite happy to use IE until I get the hang of the new device.

Thanks for the tip though chum ?

Regards,

Jay.?

Reactions: ofafeather
Status
Not open for further replies.