Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
A guy asked me what I was doing, and he didn't know this. So I thought maybe I'd share it here. If you purge your cigar with your flame near the foot. It will catch fire, at the foot. Remove the lighter and continue to purge hard until the flame finally goes out. It can drastically improve a bad or boring cigar Repeat through out the thirds as needed. It may or may not catch fire again. And it may not work in the first 3rd but almost always will in the second and beyond. You can purge without the flame, but it shows you how long to purge. It won't damage your cigar. Happy Easter! 🐣

Note: Be safe, the flame can be quite big. And in the final third it's close to your face be smart.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Great tip - sometimes works well if the flavors get muddled, especially if it's due to a build-up of tars. I would add that after purging in this manner, it helps to let the cigar calm down for a minute or so before resuming puffing.

I'll add my favorite tip - dryboxing. If a cigar is too moist (like when it's fresh off the truck) or if your humidity levels get a little too high due to ambient relative humidity or if you add too much moisture to your system, a week or 3 in the dry box will improve flavor and burn. It is also a way to approximate aging if you want a glimpse on how a cigar may age over time.

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
Great tip - sometimes works well if the flavors get muddled, especially if it's due to a build-up of tars. I would add that after purging in this manner, it helps to let the cigar calm down for a minute or so before resuming puffing.

I'll add my favorite tip - dryboxing. If a cigar is too moist (like when it's fresh off the truck) or if your humidity levels get a little too high due to ambient relative humidity or if you add too much moisture to your system, a week or 3 in the dry box will improve flavor and burn. It is also a way to approximate aging if you want a glimpse on how a cigar may age over time.
Dry boxing is a great tip! Lotta sticks seem ruined with no draw and it can fix a good majority of them.

Reactions: BenMN