PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
No need to copy/paste photos from the desktop. Just drag it into the window which opens when you click on the image button.
Did a baseball get your window? Might be time to mutter "pesky whippersnappers" followed by "Get off my lawn!" before lighting a pipe. I get the impression that wouldn't be your way though.
258258Ha! So copying and pasting an Internet image works and size can be edited by clicking on the image. Cool.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Did a baseball get your window? Might be time to mutter "pesky whippersnappers" followed by "Get off my lawn!" before lighting a pipe. I get the impression that wouldn't be your way though.
View attachment 258View attachment 258Ha! So copying and pasting an Internet image works and size can be edited by clicking on the image. Cool.
Heh! Good spotting. It was some HS m-f'ers that threw golf balls at the house. The week before school started up here.

You don't need to copy and paste! Just drag the photo into the window. And there's no need to resize- unless the image is huge-as the page attributes will limit it.

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
If we hover over someones avatar, a pop-up box appears showing information as well as the option to "follow" that person. I assume that means we are notified when that individual posts a comment or thread. Can anyone confirm where these notifications appear? I thought it was in the "Alerts" function but someone I am following posted and there is nothing in the Alerts section.
Edit: My assumption was wrong. When you "follow" someone, their avatar appears in the "Members Online" section found on the "Forums" home page. Anyone online appears in that section of course.

Last edited:

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Apparently comments in closed threads can still be "reacted" to after the thread is closed.

Now there's something to ponder.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Photo resizing? Yes, if they are very large, say over 5 Megs, but otherwise, they're sized according to the web page you're viewing. And changing the window size will change the size of the image. An example:

It's 4.3 Megs, and ca. 4000 x 3000 pixels. Yet it's way smaller in the web frame.

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
FYI If you edit a post you made awhile ago, the post doesn't appear as the most recent post in the thread. Someone would have to be going back through the posts to catch the edit.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
On the old site I could post photos from my Samsung Note8 or My Tab S3 or S4 via Imgur but for some reason I can't manage drag n drop on this one. So odd. Oh well. I'll be back at the end of October. Wrong time to learn new tricks. Funny how this site is super easy for some and the old site was always super easy for me.

See y'all on the flip side.

Status
Not open for further replies.