PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a dozen freshly made oatmeal raisin cookies. I would have had more, but I'm waiting for the chocolate and pecan cookies. :) Anyway, I'm a quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2020 D&R VIP in a 2004 smooth long shank Trever Talbot Ligne Bretagne Faite en Bretagne 4/3 lumberman with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Going to work and listen to the ball game as I wait for more cookies. I hate to think about how much I'll weigh tomorrow, so I won't. :)
Trever_Talbot_LigneBretagne3:4_Lumberman.jpg

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Smoking some vintage Rattray's Old Gowrie courtesy of @BenMN in a little Kaywoodie Redroot bulldog I picked up in Chicago. This stuff is dynamite! Perfect mixture of sweet and savory. It has a nice little amount of vitamin N, as well. I'll be ordering some, but it probably won't be quite as good as it is aged. View attachment 306795
Glad you are enjoying!

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Had OGS in a Stefano rhodesian, then eked out a 345-318 Scrabble victory versus wifey. Counting the minutes now...Passover ends in an hour, then it's chametz time! For now, a guacamole appetizer will have to do. Love this blend to begin with, but this was one of the best smokes I've ever had. 9.6/10

Bird report: House finch, California scrub-jay, Steller's jay, California quail, California towhee, Dark-eyed junco, White-crowned sparrow, Mountain chickadee, Western bluebird, Common raven, Red-tailed hawk, and Mourning dove.

View attachment 306980

Is that code for something? 🤫
Yeah, I walked into that one.

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
I’m planning my first pipe without my buddy, Bentley. I think that dog liked being around the pipe smoke as much as I like making it.

It will probably be Red Odessa from C&D in my MM wizard Cobbit. He always stayed a little closer when I was exuding Latakia.

Oh, I just picked up a batch of smokable seconds from MM. They are available again.
So sorry to hear of Bentley's passing.

Did you share about him in more detail somewhere else on this forum?

Pappy Coon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 13, 2024
Panhandle of Nebraska
Every night I look forward to winding down at the end of the day and getting on this thread to see what people are smoking, looking at all the different pipes and learning a little bit more about pipes and tobacco...and the people who smoke them too. It's way better than getting wrapped up in all the drama on Twitter/X.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed half a dozen freshly made chocolate chip, pecan and raisin oatmeal cookies followed by a tasty snap dragon apple. I'm smoking 2021 Watch City Simply VOriental in a straight smooth medium brown 1930s Wilshire 5 bulldog (Comoy’s second) made for John’s Pipe Shop in Los Angeles with a black vulcanite saddle stem.
 Wilshire 5 bulldog.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.