PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Don’t know if I’ve heard of Strambach before but that’s one handsome pipe.
Strambach was based out of Austria and was a leading maker of gourd calabash meerschaum pipes; however, when Turkey stopped the exportation of meerschaum in 1970 business slowed. Their claim to fame after 1970, is they make their meerschaum pipes out of "cultured meerschaum." They claim that their discovered away to grow meerschaum, and make their pipes from that.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Good afternoon all, solid work schedule and it’s time to call it quits for the day. Nice pint of the dark stuff and a nice bowl of dark stuff too, Star of the East flake in a Castello #33 bark top, match made in heaven if you like your Latakia
View attachment 297266
@VDL_Piper Good pint of Guinness; I had the pints of the black stuff on St. Patrick's Day. Got bought one for my hard work! Not into Latakia myself:)

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
I see you guys are finally waking up! Im bored and smokin too much today. Experimenting with lats. I love Zulu but its a little light on lat after the fist half of the bowl so I blended HU Zulu with a pinch of added perique and a good size pinch of Plum Pudding. This one is really tasty...sweet, smokey and of coures plenty of latakia. Im gonna do this one again. Its the best of both worlds and makes a thoughtful blend. I find the plum good but a bit one dimensional so it is a good use of that blend. Its in a Radice. I need to make a photo of this pipe.\

Edit...damn this is good. I highly recommend it. It works with Fayyum but Im not gonna use my Fayyum kake to mix blends since it got discontinued :( Plum pudding or probably any strong balkan works the same with zulu and perique.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.