PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Earlier, I smoked a bowl of year 2021 Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

Currently, I've about a quarter of a bowl left of 1970s Heine's Blend in the very first pipe I ever bought ($2.49) in 1974; a smooth three quarter bend Dr. Grabow Omega military mount with a nickel band and a black vulcanite stem with a p-lip.
Dr.Grabow_Omega_1974.jpg

Sandblast

Might Stick Around
Dec 10, 2023
Mendota Heights, Dakota Country, MN
Just enjoyed a bowl of Esoterica Pembroke that I actually packed into a Peterson System Standard 301 exactly 4 weeks ago. This was a gift from a Pipe Club friend, Apr meeting, Apr 16th. Two days later, I went OOT for 3 weeks. It was dried perfectly & smoked perfectly. Underscored my belief & habit about packing a pipe maybe a couple days early, although I've never had a packed pipe sit for 4 weeks. Loved the Pembroke! Wish I had more!
1715745345692.png

Skippy B. Coyote

Can't Leave
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
that’s a really pretty Grabow. Good luck with your surgery.

Thanks Silverwing, and everyone else who wished me well! Even though I was really nervous about it the surgery went smoothly and I got through it just fine. It'll be about 10 days until I can smoke my pipes again, just waiting until my gums have healed enough that dry socket is no longer a potential concern, but I'm patient and it'll definitely be something to look forward to! I don't think I'll be able to clench a pipe anymore now that I don't have any teeth, at least until I get my dentures in 4 months or so, but that'll just be a good excuse to spend more time relaxing with my churchwardens when I can smoke again.puffy

fishmansf

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2022
PNW
We started with another bowl of c&d Sansepolcro, in a Peterson. Or at least I think so, since it was in a separate can, for rotation, it was too dry. And it has lost some nicotinic strength. Or at least, that's my sensation. In any case, I enjoy this good tobacco.
I’m really like San Sepolcro this year. Very good stuff, finished my tin before I lost my taste last month

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished smoking Wilke No. 515 in a 1998 smooth straight Butz-Choquin Bistro 1501 pot with a black vulcanite saddle stem. This was the original 515 that Basil Rathbone smoked.
Butz-Choquin1501_Bistro_Pot.jpg

I wasn’t awake long when Long Tail jumped on my foot, and then the chair, and took a snooze on my lap. Then, she snoozed on my chest, and moved up to my shoulder. The shy orange tabby snoozed next to my feet, then by my side, and then with Momma Sam. Both spent several hours sleeping by my side and on me this afternoon, and this evening. We're still looking for a home for them.
LTonMyFoot1.jpg
LTJimSnooze1.jpg

LTShoulder1.jpg
LT&SOTCloseSleep4.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking 2018 Sutliff Walnut Match in a 1990s smooth brown medium bend briar calabash shaped Butz-Choquin Maitre Pipier JR Fait Main with a horn ferrule and a black vulcanite stem. Reading baseball box scores.
Butz-Choquin_Maitre_PipierJR _hornMM.jpg

The new owners of the two orange tabbies told me that they have adapted well to their new home, and the older orange tabby that they own. They've been exploring the house, and after playing on the stairs, took a nap there.
OTs_Stairs.jpg
OTsStairSleep1.jpg

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
North Central Florida
Match Sunrise, which is Sutliff's match for EMP in my MM Morgan 2nd.
If I keep seeing all these damned adorable cat pics from Jim, I'm going to have to adopt some of the ferals outside my house. There are several here that have been kept alive by the local aviary and squirrel population that I encounter while lunting about in the early mornings especially.
It's against our HOA rules to feed them. I've got some siamese, tuxedo, tabby and 3 colored cats out there. They all seem to be more responsive to the women who've been feeding them, but they're still not trusting enough to be house cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.