PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I guess I am sort of watching Star Trek Discovery. I am thru five episodes of the series, and it may run on for another 75 or so. Not sure I will remain for the rest as it is very dark and rather violent. It about a Star Fleet First Officer who rather strange series of adventures gets her captain killed and herself court martialed for mutiny. As you can see it is rather dark.

3,5/5

https://www.imdb.com/chart/tvmeter/?ref_=tt_ov_pop
Wilson Cruz, Robinne Fanfair, Doug Jones, Anthony Rapp, Sonequa Martin-Green, and Mary Wiseman in Star Trek: Discovery (2017)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5171438/mediaviewer/rm3501408257/?ref_=tt_ov_i

May 5, 2024
I am now watching "Spirited Away" which is arguably Hayao Miyazaki greatest animated motion picture. It won the 2002 Oscar as the best animated film. One reviewer (JWelch5742) described it as "The fanciful adventures of a ten-year-old girl named Chihiro, who discovers a secret world when she and her family get lost and venture through a hillside tunnel. When her parents undergo a mysterious transformation, Chihiro must fend for herself as she encounters strange spirits, assorted creatures and a grumpy sorceress who seeks to prevent her from returning to the human world."
It is everything you could want in an animated movie.

5/5

Demon Slayer: Mugen Train Now Threatens Spirited Away as Highest ...
newtoki
I'm currently tuned into a documentary series about marine life conservation efforts around the world. It's captivating to see the dedication of scientists, activists, and local communities as they work to protect endangered species and fragile ecosystems. The stunning underwater footage, coupled with insightful interviews, paints a vivid picture of both the challenges and the progress being made. I'd give it a solid 4 out of 5 for its informative content and visual appeal.

Reactions: kcghost

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
I'm hooked on THE CURSE OF OAK ISLAND. Been watching it from the beginning (11 years) and intend watch it till they either find the treasure or Marty Lagina runs out of money. It's kind of like the guy hunting for a lost coin and every week he gets 50% closer, but never quite gets there. puffy

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Been watching that show for ages, but not from 11 years ago, more like 8 of 9. I'm rooting for them, and have learned some interesting things, but wonder if there is any of the treasure left. 4.5/5

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
Been watching that show for ages, but not from 11 years ago, more like 8 of 9. I'm rooting for them, and have learned some interesting things, but wonder if there is any of the treasure left. 4.5/5
When you look at all the engineering and labor the original depositors did and consider all that the Laginas have done to fine the treasure with no success so far, I think it is safe to say the treasure (whatever it is) is still there. puffy

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
Another series I follow is THE SECRET OF SKINWALKER RANCH. I had not heard much about it before the series and after the first couple of episodes I was wondering "I this all b.s.?" But, after delving into it a little deeper I'm not so sure. puffy

MV5BYjEzNWZkNzktYTI2Yi00MjY4LWF.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
When you look at all the engineering and labor the original depositors did and consider all that the Laginas have done to fine the treasure with no success so far, I think it is safe to say the treasure (whatever it is) is still there. puffy
Well, no.

What or who's to say it wasn't gone before the first recorded attempts to find it? I hope the Laginas find something of great value.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I am watching the movie "Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex". Rather adult anime with an interesting premise. Execution could have been better.

4/5

71W-gCZwagL._SL1500_.jpg

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Complete Series Collection

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
YOUNG SHELDON

Last night we watched the latest episode, season 7, episode 12. At the end the family gets some bad news and in the final scene it shows Sheldon contemplating what he has just heard. I was wondering how much guts the writers had and was waiting for a line that never came.... probably the right decision. As Sheldon sat there thinking I was waiting for him to say, "And just how will this affect me?" puffy

ge1.jpg