PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

atwaterville

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 15, 2021
Los Angeles, CA
I have a question for SoCal pipers. If you've tried Tobacco Trader's house blends before, what do you think of their TT Special blend? Sounds like it has a bit of everything thrown in there so I'm very curious about it since I smoke English blend primarily.

And what about their aromatics? Any recommendation for a fruit-forward blend?

Reactions: Servant King

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Never tried their house blends, but I will say that it'd be a great opportunity to snag a tin of C&D House Reserve (sold in B&Ms only). They proprietors are very nice folks, and they have a pretty good selection. Plus, my favorite coffee joint (Alana's) is a stone's throw from there, at Venice & Centinela. Let us know what you find...I'll keep my eye on the TAD pickup thread! 👍

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I assume this is the place?

Not a good place to order online, shipping rates are extremely high.

atwaterville

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 15, 2021
Los Angeles, CA
I assume this is the place?

Not a good place to order online, shipping rates are extremely high.
Yes that's the place. I live in Los Angeles so I plan on paying a visit to check it out in person and support a local business.

EssJaySea

Can't Leave
May 12, 2021
Sebastopol, CA
Well, I was coming on here to talk about Tobacco Trader. I had it on my calendar, which was my mistake, that today they had Jeremy from C&D in the store. I did a bunch of other things and totally forgot. @atwaterville I hope you knew about it. Would have been a good introduction.

I can't add anything beyond what @Servant King said; I've only had their English blend, I believe. I haven't gotten over there in a while, which is my bad.

Also (to sidetrack this), Alana's, huh? I haven't been. It is a long stroll. But I'll put it on our list of places to try.

Reactions: Servant King

atwaterville

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 15, 2021
Los Angeles, CA
Hi EssJaySea, I knew about today's event but last minute family matter came up this morning which prevented me from making the trek across town to TT. Bummer, since I would love to learn a few things from Jeremy who helps with making the blends for Pease - my favorite. Maybe I'll go there next Saturday.