PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I have this thing my wife bought me as a joke. I kept it because it was a gift from her and it's actually quite a pipe for the $9 she paid for it.

Then I have this which was part of a group of pipes I bought. Yes it has a screen and looks like it was turned on a lathe but I'm not sure it's ever been smoked.

Last but not least I have this meer which has a dog on it. I like the dog but didn't notice in the pics prior to purchase that its snout is closer to a pig's than a dog's. Any carvers here willing to take a shot at fixing it?

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
I have a natural unfinished MM Mark Twain. I’m smoke it a lot because it works, but I smoke it when no one is looking. It seems an unfinished cob is not impervious to the elements and to handling. It is very pervious, it looks pretty dingy.

Reactions: cortezattic

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
I have this thing my wife bought me as a joke. I kept it because it was a gift from her and it's actually quite a pipe for the $9 she paid for it.

View attachment 5940

View attachment 5943

Then I have this which was part of a group of pipes I bought. Yes it has a screen and looks like it was turned on a lathe but I'm not sure it's ever been smoked.

View attachment 5944

View attachment 5945

Last but not least I have this meer which has a dog on it. I like the dog but didn't notice in the pics prior to purchase that its snout is closer to a pig's than a dog's. Any carvers here willing to take a shot at fixing it?

View attachment 5946

View attachment 5947
My goodness..please don't tell me you are spending money on these things! They were secret Santa gifts, right ?

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
Dehydrated Chicken Foot Pipe.
Only smoked during specific Voodoo rituals.
s-l1600.jpg

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Dehydrated Chicken Foot Pipe.
Only smoked during specific Voodoo rituals.

I didn't think it was possible, but Saint Pete has a viable challenger.

It may not be uglier, but it invokes a feeling of revulsion that Pete's unholy creation lacks.

bron340

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 16, 2019
Minot, ND

View attachment 5940

View attachment 5943

View attachment 5944

View attachment 5945

View attachment 5946

View attachment 5947
It looks like capybara to me

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
It started as a test briar to see what different tools would do. Long, long ago. Then one day I had to decide if it should just go in the trash. Seeing as how the briar came from American Pipes and was drilled by Tinski or one of his minions I popped a stem in it and fired it up. Now I only smoke it at night, to hide the shame of smoking an ugly pipe.

View attachment 5821
Looks kinda like a butthole. Put that thing away would ya????

• Haha
Reactions: jaytex1969