PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Johnny_Pipecleaner

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 13, 2019
Mill Valley, CA
Nice one! Excellent choice.

I just bought a Punto Oro Gold billiard last month and you're spot on about the box. Friggin' huge and completely unnecessary haha.

Mine is also a filter pipe, but I've learned it smokes well without a filter or adapter. The hand cut stem is a nice treat and feels luxurious on the lips, and the finish on mine reminds me of a well-worn dark red leather booth at a favorite dive bar (or Italian eatery perhaps?)

Here's mine (I had the softie bit on there because it was brand spankin new, but I've since removed it)
IMG_6225.jpg

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Nice one! Excellent choice.

I just bought a Punto Oro Gold billiard last month and you're spot on about the box. Friggin' huge and completely unnecessary haha.

Mine is also a filter pipe, but I've learned it smokes well without a filter or adapter. The hand cut stem is a nice treat and feels luxurious on the lips, and the finish on mine reminds me of a well-worn dark red leather booth at a favorite dive bar (or Italian eatery perhaps?)

Here's mine (I had the softie bit on there because it was brand spankin new, but I've since removed it)
View attachment 107981
Yeah I'll probably buy a sandblasted one too. I'm debating a 7 day set......

Honestly I'm giddy about this pipe. However the filter clogged up on me on the second smoke, so I put the adapter in to see how it fares.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
  • Haha
Reactions: didimauw

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
?

You are the worst enabler. There's no way Im getting that. Never ever. Absolutely not....

Ok it's in my cart....

Damn you!!!!

M

Magnum207

I have a Punto Oro from the 1960’s. Is the Punto Oro “Gold” a filter pipe model? I am uncertain as to whether I have ever actually seen a filter pipe other than a corncob with a Medico type filter or Brigham which takes the wooden cylinder type filter. Are the shanks larger on a “filter pipe?”

Attachments

• F9AED32A-67B1-4FED-A5FC-ED6B1D47CDB7.jpeg
    F9AED32A-67B1-4FED-A5FC-ED6B1D47CDB7.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 4