3 Fresh Davide Iafisco Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
"The Jerk" with Steve Martin is nothing but ridiculous. Great Stuff. I am surprised that no one has mentioned the bean scene in "Blazing Saddles" or when Mongo slugs the horse.
I saw a censored/edited version of Blazing Saddles on basic cable once. It defeated the purpose of the movie, unless you're maybe Orson Welles.

For example, they muted the sound effects in the bean scene.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
When I was in Rome I went to the movies where I watched one of Clint Eastwood's spaghetti westerns. It was in English with subtitles in Italian. I don't kknow why, but I found it hilarious.
Was it Paint Your Wagon? There's a scene where Clint is walking around in the woods singing "I Talk to The Trees".

Rockyrepose

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Wyoming USA
The entirety of Gravity. It's basically one big long scene... and terrible by the way.

I love space movies that show protagonists guessing thrust velocity vectors to land on objects that are kilometers away, now that I think about it, that's every movie other than Apollo 13 LOL.

If the species lives long enough where space travel is common place there will be an entire sub category of Darwin awards handed out to folks that saw it in a movie once.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I saw a censored/edited version of Blazing Saddles on basic cable once. It defeated the purpose of the movie, unless you're maybe Orson Welles.

For example, they muted the sound effects in the bean scene.
there are two scenes in movies that are improved by the censored for t.v.. the Bob Saget R.I.P. scene from half baked "did you ever suck toes for weed?" Some how it's more depraved and hence funnier. And the Big Lebowski "Larry this is what happens when you meet a stranger in the alps". It's just so random and makes Walter seem even more unhinged.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
… another “not a movie”, but certainly a worthy contender?

In a sea of funny scenes, that might just be the funniest scene from that whole show.

I can't believe we're four pages in without anyone mentioning Dumb and Dumber - a hysterical movie of ridiculous proportions! This is a scene that just kills me every time.

• Haha
Reactions: STP and mawnansmiff

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Cars that screech to a halt.....on grass.

When a car hits another (usually parked) car it somehow manages to do several somersaults afore coming to a stop....do people actually think that happens in real life?

Quite often where the scene in a film calls for some clever/awkward/dangerous car manoeuvres you can often see the tyre marks on the road where the stunt was practised before the final take.

Electricity pylons in the distant background or contrails in the sky in films set in the middle ages.

The list goes on.....and on....

Regards,

Jay.

Reactions: scloyd