SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Aug 1, 2012
Well, this one sure fits the "interesting" part of this thread title. Wanted to post it before it was done, but rules and all. rotf:sher:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Well, this one sure fits the "interesting" part of this thread title. Wanted to post it before it was done, but rules and all. rotf:sher:

We were discussing that one on the fake dunhill thread, I'm surprised someone popped for $46! But hey, if you think that's a Dunhill, you probably feel like a winner!

Aug 1, 2012
We were discussing that one on the fake dunhill thread, I'm surprised someone popped for $46! But hey, if you think that's a Dunhill, you probably feel like a winner!
Completely missed that thread. I think I've seen this pipe before a couple times and each time it's gone for way more than I would have expected.

Reactions: dunnyboy and Ahi Ka

NC TX ID pipeman

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 25, 2021
North Carolina,Texas,Idaho

So somobody wanted a Dunhill so he made one...it did not smoked too good so he decided to sell it......lol

• Haha
Reactions: captainsousie

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I was the sole bidder on this "cherry wood" pipe with a conspicuous "ES6" stamp that turned out to be a 1937 patent Dunhill. In fact there was a thread here about ES shapes ongoing while this pipe was listed.

IMG_20220705_180104.jpgIMG_20220705_180141.jpgIMG_20220705_180156.jpg

guylesss

Can't Leave
May 13, 2020
Brooklyn, NY
I was the sole bidder on this "cherry wood" pipe with a conspicuous "ES6" stamp that turned out to be a 1937 patent Dunhill. In fact there was a thread here about ES shapes ongoing while this pipe was listed.

View attachment 155290View attachment 155291View attachment 155292
Yipes! Nice spotting.

Reactions: greeneyes

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas

View attachment 155290View attachment 155291View attachment 155292
Of course it's a heck of a deal on a Dunhill, though the rim of the bowl and the button are a bit roughed up it appears.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Yipes! Nice spotting.
@greeneyes that score made my day. Congrats
Thanks to you both for the kind comments?. I must confess that although I am not a "Dunhill guy," I've always wanted a nice patent. I was very happy the boughs of the eBay tree dipped within reach of my rather financially short arms. ;)
Of course it's a heck of a deal on a Dunhill, though the rim of the bowl and the button are a bit roughed up it appears.
One tooth mark and fortunately the rest has proven to be filth that wiped away rather easily. Though I was a little surprised that it appears to have been finished with some sort of red aniline dye. I've cleaned a few Dunhills and never had anything like this come off the pipe. And the upside-down '57' is also a bit of a mystery.

Reactions: n_irwin and Ahi Ka

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I won this the other day. I wasn’t going to post it until the item arrived, so I could check whether the 1884 band was original or an aftermarket addition, and I also wanted to do the sticky finger test to see if there was any pressed meer mixed in with the clay. But anyways…

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I won this the other day. I wasn’t going to post it until the item arrived, so I could check whether the 1884 band was original or an aftermarket addition, and I also wanted to do the sticky finger test to see if there was any pressed meer mixed in with the clay. But anyways…
£0.99 !!!! Bravo! ? Curious what the mortise looks like in there. Perhaps it was meant for a bone screw tenon?