Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
Hi guys, long time no post but the Judge says I’m totally rehabilitated now (just kidding). In reality I’ve just been taking a break from tech and social media and this is the only platform I use really.

I just received some new blends from a good friend, they’re house blends from Wesley’s in South Africa and they’re bloody good imo. At the moment I’m smoking their Perique Navy Cut in this new (to me) Kaywoodie All Briar with Meerschaum lining, it’s actually my first smoke in this pipe and I absolutely love it. I need to do a little more research on it but from what I can make out they were only made for a year or two in the 50’s, with the meer lining at least.

I hope you’ve all been well, it’s nice to be back. View attachment 165961

What else are the goodies from Wesley‘s? Just in case I’m running out of tobacco next time on the Western Cape. Where do you come from?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just passing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Lunch follows this smoke.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Gawith Hoggarth & Co.: Brown Bogie in a Meer...​

3tvkCB0.jpg

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
Picked up a tin of Savinelli Brunello Flake to try and help support my local B&M while I was there yesterday. Popped the tin earlier to rub one out for it to dry before my ride and it was dry as can be and the flake I tried to pull had to be scraped off the flake below it. Looked at the bottom and tin date is 2018. I'm gonna need to pick up some distilled water to rehydrate this tin a bit. Put the flake back in the tin.

Pulled the flake back out and loaded it into the Chacom 871 bent apple. I mean, I rub out and let the flakes sit to about this level of dryness before loading anyway. It's smoking just fine. This stuff isn't too bad, I could see it in the regular rotation.

PXL_20220830_194751472.jpg

I tried some HH Bold Kentucky last week. I liked the flavor and would smoke it more, but the nicotine knocked me over.
I've been a pack-a-day a cigarette smoker for the last 18 years (and while not "proud" to be a cigarette smoker, neither ashamed of it or having any desire to quit), so the nicotine level was no issue for me.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished smoking year 2016 Peretti Dundee in a medium bend fumed tan crackled year 2020 Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meerschaum with a military mount silver band and black acrylic stem. Just about have this review done.
Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meer.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a second set of walking reps, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2015 Drew Estates Meat Pie in a 1980s White Pipe straight, smooth octagonal paneled billiard meerschaum with an acrylic yellow cream colored saddle stem. Almost have a review of this blend completed.
WhitePipe_Paneled_Billiard.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.